Someone stole my tow rig!!!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Someone stole my tow rig!!! But now it's found!

Woke up this morning to find my truck was gone!! I thought I would post a picture here and see if anyone happens to see it. I can't figure out why they stole it- It's a 1994 with 170,000+ miles on it. It's only distinguishing feature is a badly cracked windsheild. The CD player skips badly.... My wife's new car ws right next to it. I guess they needed a truck for something. If anyone sees it please let me know. I need it to get to work Saturday.. :rofl:

Here's the only picture I can find of it. The paint has faded quite a lot since this picture was taken two years ago. The camper is not on it. It's in my driveway, I just hope they come back for it..... :mad2:

Found!! See below.

Attachments

• truck12.JPG
    truck12.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

darrin

hmm volkswagon or ford sounds like he made the right choice

J/K sorry to hear about that Corey I hope you find it I will keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
darrin said:
hmm volkswagon or ford sounds like he made the right choice

J/K sorry to hear about that Corey I hope you find it I will keep an eye out for it.

It's not the end of the world. It's been paid for for a couple of years, so I won't get anything from my insurance co. I mostly just need transportation. I may have to get Emily's Subaru licensed so I can get to work until the truck turns up. It had a half tank of gas in it, and I doubt they will fill it up for me. It's too expensive, unless they are stealing the gas too...

darrin

the camper is not on it still is it.

never mind I guess I should learn how to read!!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Burl Swift said:
Kinda hard to tell, is it red? Also...is it a dually?

Whats the license plate #?

No, it is a single rear wheel. Marroon is the color. Plate # is 761XEX.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
rockdog said:
Damn theives! :mad2: :mad2:

Yeah, but it looks like we got 'em this time around!!!

I decided to drive around and look for my truck for a few hours this morning, looking in places that it mihgt have been abandoned and I hit the jackpot. Not even a block away it sat in a nearby apartment complex. The thieves had left their cigarettes on the dash, some sunglasses on the rearview mirror and a knife and lighter in the ashtray. I didn't touch anything, and called the cops. They arrived and sent me to find a ride, so I could come back and take the truck. While I was gone some "suspicious" characters came out of an apartment, and the cops started asking them questions, and then ran their ID's. Turns out they were two brothers that had a looong rap sheet for vehicle theft. They pulled prints and are continuing the investigation. The only bad part for me is that I have to get the ignition fixed, and clean up the mess they made.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
OCNORB said:
Yeah, but it looks like we got 'em this time around!!!

I decided to drive around and look for my truck for a few hours this morning, looking in places that it mihgt have been abandoned and I hit the jackpot. Not even a block away it sat in a nearby apartment complex. The thieves had left their cigarettes on the dash, some sunglasses on the rearview mirror and a knife and lighter in the ashtray. I didn't touch anything, and called the cops. They arrived and sent me to find a ride, so I could come back and take the truck. While I was gone some "suspicious" characters came out of an apartment, and the cops started asking them questions, and then ran their ID's. Turns out they were two brothers that had a looong rap sheet for vehicle theft. They pulled prints and are continuing the investigation. The only bad part for me is that I have to get the ignition fixed, and clean up the mess they made.

SWEET! Glad you got it back!

OCNORB

Supporting Member
The county sherrif's did a good job. I was expecting them to just say "here's your truck see you later" , but instead they did a first class investigation. I was impressed.