SOPA PIPA

Brosiph4x4

How come RME isnt protesting SOPA and PIPA most online forums like this are in jepordy if theese pass,
(taken from adventure rider):eek:
ADVrider is blacked out on January 18th to protest SOPA and PIPA. We join Wikipedia, ThumperTalk, KTMTalk and thousands of other sites whose existence is threatened. If these bills pass, it could mean the end of ADVrider. Please write your representatives to let them know the asylum must go on. -- Baldy

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I already did my part and contacted my local Congressmen to tell him how I feel about these retarded bills. That's the best thing you can do, is tell the person that is supposed to be speaking for you what you want.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Honestly we would have had a notice up yesterday but I was bed ridden with pneumonia. I can safely say that RME opposses Sopa/pipa and any other similar legislation that advocates censorship.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Intersting to me that Google makes a big ole deal about it but in the past had no problem filtering it's content in China... lame limo libz

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
While I'm 100% against the entire Sopa/pipa sensorship idea, I can't help but wonder what yesterday was all about? Like it did any good?

It reminded me of the "don't buy gas on this day so we can stick it to the oil companies" protests.

sixstringsteve

I think it made people aware and reached millions. it got a few news articles, and it directed people to contact their congressperson. It may have even prompted this thread to get started. :spork:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Lesson to all: give the government an inch and they will take a mile... and you don't get to choose the mile.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
While I'm 100% against the entire Sopa/pipa sensorship idea, I can't help but wonder what yesterday was all about? Like it did any good?

It reminded me of the "don't buy gas on this day so we can stick it to the oil companies" protests.

The point of it was to educate the masses about SOPA/PIPA. Help the non-tech people out there get a chance to hear about what's going on because the media won't report it (all US media being owned by SOPA/PIPA supporting & lobbying corporations)

Seems that it worked too. Last week there were 80 supporters and 31 opponents in congress. Latest numbers are now 65 supports and 101 opponents.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Cool info graphic about the blackout.

SOPA.jpg

I didn't even turn on a computer that day I was so sick.