Sorry, had to.

abstractjeep

It is said that this joke was used at Cambridge University as an intelligence test for undergraduates.

Two climbers were climbing roped together in the Scottish Highlands. They saw some eagles soaring above them. Later the climbers slipped over the edge of a precipice and unfortunately plunged to their deaths.

Their souls left their mortal bodies and ascended to heaven. As they rose they saw the same eagles and one soul cried out to them, 'Ah - Eagles'.

But the eagles, being polite, said nothing.

Caleb

and neither of you get it :rofl:

its actually not very funny at all... the answer is "ah souls" =assholes, so rather than be rude the eagles said nothing

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
There's no mountains high or steep enough in Scotland that requires being roped together. If they did fall, they'd probably just roll down to the bottom. If I remember correctly, the highest point in Scotland (Ben Nevis(SP)) is right at 3000' or so.

That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.
Dan.

Caleb

BlackSheep said:
either I don't get it, or it is just not funny.

it really is just not funny...the answer is not what anyone here has said yet...

HINT: people are thinking about it too hard, its not a knowledge question, its a play on words and it has to do with what the Souls said and the eagles being polite...if you guys would read the invisible text you would know the answer :invisiblerofl:

V-DAWG

someday
OK, I give up. I keep checking every 15 minutes to hopefully find the answer, so how about loosening the noose so I can go out and play.

Last edited:

StrobeNGH

no user title
The SOULS look at the eagles and say, 'AH eagles'
. . .
How long will people lose sleep over this? AH Sleep.

Last edited:

V-DAWG

someday
OK, so the eagle actually spoke the word "nothing", but what does that have to do with ah eagles?

I have 2 U.S. coins totaling 55 cents. One of them is not a 50 cent piece, what are the two coins?

Caleb

V-DAWG said:
I have 2 U.S. coins totaling 55 cents. One of them is not a 50 cent piece, what are the two coins?

you have a nickle and a fifty cent piece...if you want me to explain I will do so :D

V-DAWG

someday
Supergper said:
you have a nickle and a fifty cent piece...if you want me to explain I will do so :D

No explanation necessary. How about this one...

A father and son get into a car accident. The father goes to the U of U emergency room, and the son goes to Primary Childrens. At Primary Childrens, the doctor walks into the room and says, "I can't work on him, he's my son."
How is that possible?

You can however, try to explain that one.