Southwest Crawlfest... what went wrong?

rholbrook

I never stated that I was SWCF's accountant. I stated that I only helped Steve get his Registration numbers out of the website and Paypal. If I need to apologize to someone, I will. At what point will you not let the shear hatred for Steve not consume you? You have stated your piece.

I am not defending any of Steve's actions, I provided some attendance counts and have asked that people act more professional. I am adding myself to the list of people that need to be more professional. Let Steve answer to this event. Leave your personal feelings out of this thread. It will work its way out one way or another.

Rohlbrook

I guess being and accountant for SWCF could present it's challenges. You are one lucky fellow to get to be in the middle of the Drama as some are calling it. Your getting good at public apologies. None required here, I am a man that can handle a little straight talk. Although with me you will be required to get your facts straight! As you know Rholbrook I met you at WOTR or SWCF last year as I remember, how was my professionalism then?

del0075

i just hope this all works out........ the land use fight is what is getting hurt by all this, its interesting that all the supporters are mainly in the north part of the state. maybe because the southern part has had to clean up the messes left behind, maybe thats why we take it so personal. as rholbrook says it consumes us, but the consuming part is trying to protect our land use by working with the BLM, and vendors and sponsors. we tried to tell people 2 years ago, it all fell on deaf ears. as for me i am done with it. i have to muany other things to worry about. i will set back and watch and continue to work with the BLM and who ever wants to work for the land use issue........

hope to see some of ya on the trails

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I should probably tell everyone that at the conclusion of yesterday's Tread Lightly course, which was at the BLM office and had several BLM and Forest Service folks in attendance, some of the other BLM people came in to chat. When they asked who I was, the topic of our southern events came up, and I can tell you that not only do they know about SWCF, they are not happy about it. They are fully aware of the fact that SWCF is one thing, separate from the rest of the southern UT events (WOTR, EJS, etc etc).
It really hit me that they do pay attention and relay information to HQ. So that's kind of something to work through-- LOTS of negative attention.

But, they do love us up north-- specifically American Fork, 5MP, and points west. :D

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
But, they do love us up north-- specifically American Fork, 5MP, and points west. :D

interesting, makes ya wonder why there aren't more trails in the slc area.. What I would do to be able to take off up parleys canyon and run a trail...

Anyway Bueller? Bueller? Crabtree? Anyone?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
wouldn't that rock? I guess in the 80's lots of stuff WAS open but now it's all "watershed". :(

No word from Crabtree, Thursday's sands are running out. :/

Don B

formerly rebarguy
I should probably tell everyone that at the conclusion of yesterday's Tread Lightly course, which was at the BLM office and had several BLM and Forest Service folks in attendance, some of the other BLM people came in to chat. When they asked who I was, the topic of our southern events came up, and I can tell you that not only do they know about SWCF, they are not happy about it. They are fully aware of the fact that SWCF is one thing, separate from the rest of the southern UT events (WOTR, EJS, etc etc).
It really hit me that they do pay attention and relay information to HQ. So that's kind of something to work through-- LOTS of negative attention.

They love us in the south also....well...most of us.

fullsizeyota

I fart sometimes
And.....? It appears you folks have been had. 9 pm and no responce all in the name of civility and political correctness and threat of "legal action" that's laughable. Steve threatening legal action is about as credible as chicken little saying "the sky is falling"

How many more times does this have to happen before you northern folks see him for who he is?

At what point does Steve admit guilt by omission? At what point do you people give credibility to blm letters and get over the fact that you talked to steve at swcf and he "seemed like a nice guy'?

I hope im not being "unproffesional " ha

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
They love us in the south also....well...most of us.

Yes, they do love the good apples in the south, too. I should have included that originally. :D

Well, it's Friday as I type this, and I don't know anything about Steve's situation that I didn't know yesterday, or last week for that matter.

Starting to see a pattern?? I wonder what he's waiting for?

The land use raffle really is the elephant in the room: it comes down to this-- either that money was turned over to some land-use group we haven't heard from, or:

at best-- SWCF mislead registrants and vendors

at worst-- SWCF lied, broke UT law, and used U4, USA-ALL, and BRC.

Really wish there were some answers. The more time goes by the more it looks like someone's using that time to try and cover their tracks.