SpaceX Dragon Crew Launch

ID Bronco

Our family watched a launch from there once, it was an awesome experience. I don't get excited about space anything, but being there was very cool. We had to wait a Looooong time for the launch to actually happen, but when it did, it was worth it.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
On a semi related note, this brings back the very vivid memory of my kindergarten teacher sitting us all down on the floor of the room to watch the live coverage of the Challenger shuttle take off after a week long study of space and the school teacher that went up with them...

Hope this goes better.
I was in kindergarten that day too, and remember it well.

4x4_Welder

It's pretty wild, but also shows what a dinosaur the existing space contractors are. Both SpaceX and Boeing got the contract, and the upstart newcomers on a smaller budget got it done way faster. Maybe this is just showing a cultural failure in Boeing, or maybe it's a product of the changes in tech and business philosophy.

I am amazed that this company has come on scene and basically brought the sci fi future into reality. Now if they can stop blowing up the big rockets and get that thing going-