Spartan locker not ratcheting?

crawler dude12

So I just put in my locker at school and it's locked. It will not unlock and ratchet... I'm 98% sure I installed it right... Any ideas?

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Get ahold of the company you bought it from, chances are you installed it wrong...

Did you remove all the thrust washers?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It shouldn't damage anything, there just won't be enough room for the drivers to move apart and let it ratchet, if the thrust washers are still in place.

You might be able to rule that one out, by looking at the side gears you removed. If both of them have the thrust washer on them, then they aren't still in your carrier. :)

crawler dude12

I never pulled out the side gears. I just cracked the carrier open, took the spider gears off the + pin and placed the locker in and the little rings, and the little spring things and put it back together... Gahhh I'm an idiot.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Ah, a V6 carrier then. Well, I'll ASSUME you still need to remove the thrust washers, but consult your manual to be sure.

crawler dude12

Yup. It was those thrust washers on the side gears. Pulled those out and put it back in and it works flawlessly! Filled it with 85W-140 oil and the clicking is barely noticeable.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
A lot of people say to, although I have never hear a convincing argument either way. I just ran 75-90w when I had one and everything was fine. It was super quite compared to the lock right I had.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
A lot of people say to, although I have never hear a convincing argument either way. I just ran 75-90w when I had one and everything was fine. It was super quite compared to the lock right I had.

Yup. I'd rather run the lube recommended by factory and ignore the extra noise. Not that the Spartan is loud by any means, or that I'd care if it was. :D