Speedo/Odometer info

Silly Willy

So, i'm working on putting a CJ7 dash in my YJ. The issue i'm running into is i want to upgrade all of my gauges.

How do i legally upgrade my speedo/Odometer and adjust the miles accordingly?

I've done the whole Google search, and read through 9 - 12 forums that claimed to have an answer to only find out they didn't and it always came down to, (just put the new one in and live with it)

I know there has to be a way, unfortunately i'm not seeing it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
If it's a CJ then it's probably old enough it doesn't matter anyway. I would just put a new one in and if you ever sell it tell the new owner it had X,000 miles when you swapped it. There's a box on the title when it asks mileage that indicates "reading does not reflect actual mileage" or a box called exempt. Theoretically you could hook it to a drill and let it go a few weeks or more but it's easier to just live with it. ;) Speedometers are something they typically don't like people messing with so it's hard to modify normally.

Silly Willy

With this being in a YJ (i'm just putting a CJ dash in it) i'm not sure if i would call it "Old Enough"

I just want to make sure all my t's are crossed so it doesn't come back to bite me.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
its not going to matter... if you sell it just mark the box on the title already mentioned before... no way you going to get a bite back on that....