Spent the birthday broken down

rrefx

Turned 27 yesterday. was at work, on a location scout up in Heber. Got out a little early, about 5:30, and started for home to enjoy. while passing dear creak the engine started sputtering. Looked down to see the gas gauge drop from half a tank right down to empty, and the engine died. I managed to get it pulled over and saftley stopped. checked the fuses, and connections to the fuel pump, all were good. Got back in and turned teh key on, and slowly the gauge made its way back up to half a tank.

I started it right up and was on my way. Got down Provo by the parks when it did it again. I checked everything I could, and nothing. This time it wouldn't start back up. I couldn't reach anyone, appearantly they were all planning my party, so I finally hitched a ride home. Grabbed the truck, trailer, and my brother and we ran back out. Tried to start it again and nothing. Tried adding gas and nothing. Went to pull it on the flatbed, and the battery died, so couldn't use the winch. Ended up getting it on with a ratchet strap and a come along.

Started for Pleasant Grove when the flatbed had a blow out. Pulled over in Maceys parking lot, and went to throw on the spare, when I realized the star tire iron I have in the dually is too big for teh lugs on the trailer. It was late, and couldn't reach anyone to tell them to run out a tire iron. So, dropped the trailer with permission, ran back home, grabbed a tire iron and a piece of cake, and went and got the trailer and the rover home. Finally made it in about 2:30 in the morning, and still have no idea what's wrong with the rover.
I guess it just wanted to wish me happy birthday.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Happy Birthday!

Do Rovers still use Lucas electronics? If so, there's your problem. :D

rrefx

Mines a '96 Discovery, they still used Lucas at that time, and yes you're right... There is the problem. Newer ones use Bosch, but I'm not sure the year they switched. I think it was on the D2's.

Thanks,
Ryan