Springfield Armory XDs 9mm / .45ACP

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Does anyone have the 9mm version? I currently have the .45 but I am considering picking up a 9mm as well but I wanted to see what people's opinion on it is. I actually would like to try one out to see how it feels shooting it also.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I had the .45, and my buddy has the 9. I loved everything about mine but for some reason my buddies 9 wasn't accurate at all. (and it wasn't the shooter, we all tried it and others and it was consistently inconsistent for everyone.)

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I had the .45, and my buddy has the 9. I loved everything about mine but for some reason my buddies 9 wasn't accurate at all. (and it wasn't the shooter, we all tried it and others and it was consistently inconsistent for everyone.)

I'm kind of having a similar issue. My XDs isn't super accurate and others that fire it agree. I mean I am still hitting what you would consider center mass so in a defensive situation it's still gonna hit but I'm not hitting accurately with it, I certainly can't group very well. Where as with my 9mm XDm and with my 1911 .45 I am accurate. So I wanted to try out the same frame on a 9mm to see how that behaves. I've tried giving it more time and practicing but I still feel like I can't shoot it as accurately as I would like. Could be me or could be the gun, it's a pretty small frame for a .45

stratton has a 9mm for sale

Is stratton Gravy? His is the XD model from his ad on here, but I'm looking for the XDs which is a single stack.

93TJ

I have the 9mm, mine seems fine, it shoots accurately and consistently. I decided on it over the .45 version because of the number of rounds.

slcpunk74

Original Saboteur
XDs is pretty short probably has a lot to do with accuracy issues.

The shorter grip and sight radius would make you think that. The reality is that there is something about my xds45 that makes me shoot it almost as good as my makarov. Can't hit a damn thing with my fns9 though(sights are out). The xds has a good reputation for being a pretty straight shooting gun.

To the op I would expect the 9 to have a sharper kick with less overall force. Most 9mm guns when compared to their .45 counterparts will be easier to get back on target but don't expect a huge difference. I would expect the 9 to move around in the hand a little less than the .45.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I have an XD Sub-Compact in 40 S&W

From 10-20 feet its great. any further and it kind of sucks. not sure if my sights are off. and they won't move anyway.

I had a .45 Bersa Ultra Compact. That gun was off for me until I adjusted the rear site. Then it was perfectly accurate.

So, I'm not sure if its me. If i grip my gun weird or the way I look down the sights is wrong.

Are you supposed to put the front site on the top of site or on the dot? It never seems to go where I want it to with my .40 XD. Some days I'm right on, other days I'm hitting down and left. Doesn't make any sense.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
After my last range day with the XDs 45 it consistently shoots low at 10 yards. I line up the 3 dots but it will shoot several inches low. Then if I sight the front dot above the two rears in a pyramid shape then it hits on target. Still bothers me.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
At what distance does it shoot low? Like a rifle the sites will be set to a certain distance where it is accurate. Move closer or farther away and aim for the same spot and your groups will be higher or lower. If you want to shoot dead on at 10 yards and it is off currently you should be able to have an armorer adjust the sites up or down to suit your desires. Understand though that if you then shoot at 9 or 11 yards you will have to compensate for the sites then being set for a different distance.

Not that its a consolation but two inches low on a head shot will still usually be a head shot. Same for center mass. I know its fun to hit the center ring on a round target but with a handgun I think we're better off shooting at silhouettes or active targets.

Last edited: