Spy pics of new crawler

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
After months of trying to turn this hunk of metal that I bought from tracy it's finally starting to come together.

Whats been done so far:
Axles Gears and locker removed from old truck.
Siezed tranny removed replaced with 87 W56 tranny.
BudBuilt Crossmember installed.
Marlin Crawler Installed.
Bed Removed
All interior removed replaced with SR5 seats and getting rhino lined.
Crossover steering installed, Much thanks to Rock Logic
Ford shock towers and long travel shocks installed in the front. More thanks to Rock Logic
Rear driveline transformed from bent hunk of metal to usable driveline.
4 inch alcans (very soft I might add) and rubicon shackles installed
35 MTR's waiting to go on (don't want them stolen)

More to come..... A lot of these are not show in these pics but the page will be updated soon I finally d/l my pics so I have room for more. I will take pics of Rock Logics handy work.

Http://geocities.com/trd270/redtruck

Bart

Lookin good. Did Carl and Vonski do the work? How many high school girls did you have to pay Vonski?
Bart

88 Runner SAS

Saving Money For Parts
Looks good compared to the begining pick. Makes me wish I could work on my runner, but I'm back in Michigan for a couple years, and it's sittin in a canyon out there:mad: .Oh well I'll be back.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Von and Carl mounted the IFS box for me.

And it was four school girls and one school boy. :D

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by SAMI
i saw it down at RockLogic when it was in stock form, looks alot better now!

I'm curious as to how you saw it at rocklogic in stock form because when it was at rocklogic it already had the lift the tranny the crawler and numerous other things done to it.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Hey von, this pic sucks, can you give me more detail on your mount? I will be doing x-over soon and will need a mount, a piman drilled for fj80 and all tierods (fj80) Was going to just call all-pro, but if you and scott have something going on thats either better or more local / conveinient....
redtruck041.jpg

Why won't it just link? http://geocities.com/trd270/redtruck/redtruck041.jpg

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Skyetone
Hey von, this pic sucks, can you give me more detail on your mount? I will be doing x-over soon and will need a mount, a piman drilled for fj80 and all tierods (fj80) Was going to just call all-pro, but if you and scott have something going on thats either better or more local / conveinient....
redtruck041.jpg

Why won't it just link? http://geocities.com/trd270/redtruck/redtruck041.jpg

You can't just link from geocities it sucks but there just trying to prevent people from using there webspace for pic storage for other sites

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Skyetone
so whats with the mount? I forgot to ask von today. Lots of other things to discuss..............

Hey Skye, I can explain the mounting for the Toyota IFS box. It may be seen as overkill, but we feel this is the proper way of doing it. You plate both sides of the frame with 1/4" steel (3/16" would be fine as well). All three bolts on the box will pass through the plates. Two of which will go through the frame, but one will be above the frame (with a heavy wall sleeve placed between the plates). Also, for the lower 2 bolts, we sleeve the frame before welding the plates in place. After wleding the plates to the frame and welding the sleeve in for the upper bolt hole, you're done.

I won't kid ya though. It's definitely not as easy as one would think... :(