St. Anthony Dunes trip

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
A few friends and I headed up for a day trip Saturday and had a good time. My friend Kevin and I brought out the big guns for the first time this year my bike is the 84 CR500 and his is a 93 WR500. Both bikes have sat in garages before we found them. I would dare say that the WR is the cleanest one out there that is still being used. I has had two rides on it (ever) before he picked it up this summer.

Anyway we were watching this guy on a big 4x4 and he must have been on drugs or drunk because he was riding around below us making all sorts of noise screaming at us and just acting like a total idiot. He kept trying to drive up to where we were sitting, but couldn't quite make it. On the final attempt he turned the bars in the wrong direction and rolled it end over end into the bottom. It had to have rolled at least 12-15 times. He seemed to be okay but it did a number on his machine that we think was not even owned by him. Anyway we were laughing at him the whole time once we found out he was okay :rofl:

Attachments

• Dunes 01.jpg
    Dunes 01.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Dunes 02.jpg
    Dunes 02.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Dunes 03.jpg
    Dunes 03.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Dunes 04.jpg
    Dunes 04.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Dunes 05.jpg
    Dunes 05.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 24

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I have a list of Yamaha jokes a mile long and this was a perfect opertunity for me to whip them out. It's not that Yamaha's suck, but when my buddies are always tinkering I just have to rub it in!

Later in the day we went to Choke Cherry, Dead Horse Bowl and Devils Dune. Although Choke has mellowed out in the past few years these are the largest of the large when it comes to big sand. Devils is cool because your head downhill before you start to climb it. I will be the first to say that my 25 year old bike is not stable in fifth gear pinned :ugh: but the rush you get from climbing the hill at that speed is unbelievable. My friend Alaska (only wheeler in the group) has the new Honda 700XX with IRS and it preformed exceptionally well for its size and weight. Even without paddle tires it climbed Devils Dune very well.

Anyway on the ride back one of our friends flew off a razor back and twisted his ancle really bad so we were pretty much done for the day... All in all it was a great trip :greg:

Attachments

• Dunes 06.jpg
    Dunes 06.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Dunes 07.jpg
    Dunes 07.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Dunes 08.jpg
    Dunes 08.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Dunes 09.jpg
    Dunes 09.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Yep 480's rock! I have an 82 an 83 and a 81 CR450R :D I would like to see how many 480's were made because it seems everyone I know has owned one or is friends with someone that does.

We should start planning an RME dunes trip! Maybe Little Sahara would be the best location? What do you guy's think?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I dont think there were a lot of 480's, i just think they made an impression with those who had them or knew of them, my 480 belonged to three of my friends besides me, then got sold to a couple of other people before it came back to another friend of a friend. wish I still had it I would restore it.

an RME dune trip would be fun.