• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

STAG does great work!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
This is not a request for work, nor is it an offer. Just a review. :)

I posted a while ago asking about concrete lift options, since my front walk was sunken and uneven. @STAG mentioned he didn't like the idea of lifting, he'd prefer to remove and reinstall. Long story short, that's what I ended up doing, and @STAG did the work for me.

I don't have "before" pics, but the "afters" look great. The front walk is easily 2" higher than it was before, and obviously nice and even. At the same time, he replaced a section of my driveway that was badly cracked and sunken also. He removed some bad material underneath, replaced it with proper base material and compacted it--so there shouldn't be any settling issues in the future. In addition, he doweled in rebar to the adjoining house/porch/driveway sections to keep them all aligned in the future. Plus rebar in general, which the original installation did not have.

In the end, I'm very happy with his work. And almost more than that, he actually communicates. He told me when he would show up, the schedule of events (it was spread over a couple of weekends) and get this---he showed up when he said he would, and did what he said he would! :D I wish that wasn't a rarity, but anyone who's dealt with ANY type of contractor knows that's the exception to the rule.

20231026_155226.jpg20231026_155210.jpg