Stan Prueitt's Dodge T-Rex 6x6

Owners Name & City-Stan Prueitt Somewhere in Utah

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle-1997 Dodge T-Rex 6x6 6500

Engine-V10

Transmission-47RE HD

T-Case-241 HD

Axles- 3 Rockwell 2.5 Ton with Detroit lockers

Suspension-coil 4 link

Wheels and Tires- Hummer Internal Beadlock, with Interco Iroc tires, or Swampers. Interco is our sponsor so we change tires alot.

Winch- Mile Marker Hyd.

Favorite Trails-New Mexico four corners area, all of Moab, Hollister Hills CA....to many to list.

Other-The T-Rex is a rare rig that we try to keep nice looking for all of our sponsors yet, we still wheel the crap out of it. It has schooled many rock buggies on thier own turf, and has won many safaris. It also is excellent at rescueing stuck rigs. I am now a yearly judge at TTC, and I help set up and design the courses. I also use the T-Rex at TTC to extract stuck and dead rigs. Last year I took the T-Rex in three times into the Tank Trap to Extract the D100, the Mudder Bronco, and the huge 11,000 pounder Kaiser. That was a trip. The T-Rex is here with me in Utah, but my Tow Rig and Trailer are still down in New Mexico. The T-Rex is street legal but sucks the gas and only has a top speed on the highway of about 55. Since is has lockers on all three axles, the streets also tear up my tires, so when I can I trailer it to the trails I do.
0001DSCF1346.jpg

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Well it is finally time to break the news to the world! Inspired by the original T-REX.....
Moab Oct '06 152.jpg

The construction of the T-Rex II "RockCrawl Edition" has begun. Through the inspiration of wheeling with Stan for the last 5 years and seeing the awesome capabilities of the T-Rex, I have decided to turn my RamCrawler into the newest version of the T-Rex!!!
Through a collaborative effort between Stan and myself, we are going to take all of the strong points of the original T-Rex, and enhance them on my new truck, and then take all of the weak points of the original T-Rex, and make every effort to build around them and eliminate them on my new truck!!!
The goal of this build is not to be a desert racer by any means. It will be strictly built to be an EXTREMELY CAPABLE TRAIL MACHINE, that will be able to carry my family safely through any obstacle we shall approach!!! Here is my initial photo manipulation of the truck to make it look close to like what I want it to be. (Remember that there will likely be some color changes, as well as some suspension changes that I have in mind already).
So..... Drum roll please.......
Here is the before (aka the way my truck looks and sits now):
Twisting on the forklift.jpgPitbull test2 copy.jpg
and here is the after!!!!:
T-Rex RAPTOR Edition with exocage.jpg

Like I said, there are some changes that I already have in mind that you do not see here simply because it would take too long in Paint Brush to do all of these changes. I also don't want to give away all of my secrets yet either. One thing I will go ahead and give away is that instead of having non-steer rear axles, like the original T-Rex; My truck will have a fully hydraulic steering set up with dual steering rear axles that will be hooked to a joystick in the cab with buttons for special steering settings like:
1) press one button for the rear axles to steer opposite the steering wheel
2) press one button for the rear axles to steer the same as the steering wheel
3) press one button for centering the rear axles
4) and then press one button to have control of the steering of the rear axles with the joystick.

So that is just a taste of what will be coming in the build of the newest version of the T-Rex.....

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Stan.... I will be starting a build thread here very very soon. So keep a look out everyone!!!!! :ugh:
- Matt:greg:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So finally the weather go nice so I could install my winter projects on My daily driver and my wife's jeep.

Here are the Front winch bumpers, sans the winch in my wife's jeep, its coming

26458234012_large.jpg

Her is a close up of the wife's daily driver.

26458234013_large.jpg

Here is the new rear bumper and rock slider / rock rails for my daily driver:

26458234014_large.jpg

Close up of the New rear, tight in close.

26458234016_large.jpg

Rock rails

26458234015_large.jpg

SO when the trail is to tight for the T-Rex to fit on I can take the daily driver. Can't wait to scratch up the rails....hee hee...;)

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So while I wait for brakes for the T-Rex I thought I would take on a side project. Restoring an old Hustler....6x6. of course.

26458234027_large.jpg

Before

26458234028_large.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So here is the next steps. Paint, new exo bumpers, new lugs, new cables, belts, and soon to start on the electrical.

26458234032_large.jpg

26458234033_large.jpg

26458234034_large.jpg

26458234034_large.jpg

26458234035_large.jpg

Next new wheels

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Hey brother!! Looks like you have had some fun build time on the various vehicles that you have there! That little 6x6 buggy looks awesome!!! Should be great fun!
I noticed back on the 31st of July you said you are getting wheel brakes from Red Barn Customs.... I was wondering if you have them yet, and maybe even installed and tested yet!?!?! I would really like to see how they work on the T-Rex so I can determine if I was to go as planned and do the wheel brakes on the front axle, and pinion brakes on the rear axles. I also was wondering how you have your brake lines hooked and wired to what?? Are you only using a single brake system that came stock on the truck with the V-10???
Also, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out in making a few Measurements on the suspension and frame of the T-Rex so I can work those into my design of suspension and height?? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide!!
Tell the family HI for me and the girls!
- Matt :)

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Hey brother!! Looks like you have had some fun build time on the various vehicles that you have there! That little 6x6 buggy looks awesome!!! Should be great fun!
I noticed back on the 31st of July you said you are getting wheel brakes from Red Barn Customs.... I was wondering if you have them yet, and maybe even installed and tested yet!?!?! I would really like to see how they work on the T-Rex so I can determine if I was to go as planned and do the wheel brakes on the front axle, and pinion brakes on the rear axles. I also was wondering how you have your brake lines hooked and wired to what?? Are you only using a single brake system that came stock on the truck with the V-10???
Also, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out in making a few Measurements on the suspension and frame of the T-Rex so I can work those into my design of suspension and height?? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide!!
Tell the family HI for me and the girls!
- Matt :)

Dont mix brakes types. Yes we are going with new axles with Wheel disk brakes that are safer that pinion and more streetable. We will be running an article in FourWheeler about the new axles. I was going to get them from Reb Barn but they have not been very responsive. Also I have another serious buyer form Russia who wants to buy the T-Rex. Interesting Ill see if he goes form my price. Hee hee.

If not I am partners in a new Offraod custom shop down in Bayfield CO. It will be called Mojo Offroad. It is a spring off of a very successful body shop down there. If I don't sell the T-Rex then we are going to overhaul the T-Rex, new paint same color, new axles, etc.... Stay tuned.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The only interior shot I have, and a poster from the Dino Park where we did a show. It was fun.

129_0212_05z+1995_Dodge_Ram+Interior_View.jpgto catch a T-Rex.jpg