Staun beadlocks

Jeremed

I was thinking of getting some staun beadlocks. I have heard good and bad. Just wondering if anyone has run them and what there experience was with them. I am running a 39" red label krawlers. Wondering if it's worth it or if I should just get new wheels with beadlocks. Thx

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There are these as well and they don't come from half way around the world.

InnerAirLock,LLC...

From what I understand they use a replaceable inner tube where as the Stauns do not

I'm running Inner Air Locks. I started watching them as a company when they came on for a year as a vendor here on RME. When I finally got around ordering a set they sent them out pretty quick and had great instructions. I ended up using more talcum powder than they provided but they went on easy and seem to be really nice quality.

I only have a couple trips on them so far but I don't anticipate having any issues. Just make sure you check the pressure on them before you head out on your first trail. I forgot to double check pressures and ended up with two front flat tires... completely my fault... but the inner air locks made it easy to get back up and going once a guy with an air compressor came to help.

The only annoying thing about them is that if you want to air down before a trail and air-up, it's not very easy to do without letting some pressure off the air locks before hand. If you plan on retaining a single pressure at all times then it's no big deal. The valve stems come grooved to help with this, but it's not very effective.

leorn

reset
I run Stauns. I have never had any issues. You have to watch the pressure as mentioned. Airing down takes a LONG time. After airing down I find the stauns sometimes need a bit more air. (I run the old version, so some of this stuff may be fixed). I like them and would do it again. The one thing I wish I had is a rock ring.

When the stauns have been low and a tire goes flat I have been able to fix it with a cheapo smith and edwards cigarette lighted compressor that is about a hundred years old :)

Seems like I have heard that some of the more hard core guys have had them turn on the rim and rip out the valve stem.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I ran my stauns with h2's and 39 reds. Worked just fine, no problems with anything. But the wheels dent pretty easily and looked trashed after a year

I have stauns with h2wheels and 40 in stickys. How much pressure do you run in your stauns? Do you fill them first then air your tires up or the other way around? I haven't ran them yet and don't know much about them?

EB101

I have stauns with h2wheels and 40 in stickys. How much pressure do you run in your stauns? Do you fill them first then air your tires up or the other way around? I haven't ran them yet and don't know much about them?

The Staun vids on youtube say run them up to 45 psi to set the bead and leave them a 45. If they are installed right you should be able to fill the staun then the outer. I just finished mine up yesterday. My rims were set up for competition and the way they are set the air channel doesn't reach so I have two I can't get a pressure read on the tire. I tried setting the staun at 8 (planning on leaving my outers at 8) and then I could read the tire. Then blew the staun up the rest of the way.