StealthGear catch-phrase change -opinions?

pELYgroso

'Merica
So, we thought of "Carry On." for our catch-phrase in January I think but the gunmaker Taurus has come out with their "Carry On movement" and has "Carry On" plastered all over their ads and website now. Their website is http://www.carryonmovement.com/ and at the bottom it has a 2012 copyright symbol. I'm assuming that they've been working on this since before we started using Carry on, so I'll also assume that "Carry On" is "theirs." This sucks because we love the double meaning and it looks great under our logo haha.

So, the question is, what now? We would still like to use Carry On somehow so we though of " We Carry On." or "Carry On USA." My questions are: Which one do y'all like best? Can you think of any others using "Carry on" and adding something short to it to change it just a little? and the last question is, do you think we can add one word and still be ok legally? I don't want Taurus coming out and suing us, asking for all profits while we've used Carry On as a logo. We had no idea about their ad campaign when we thought of it but now we're stuck. I really think that StealthGearUSA is going to grow like crazy this year and don't want to be in a legal battle over this.

Thanks!

Ty

edit: I just found an article dated Oct. 2012 about The launch of their campaign, so they beat us to it, fair 'n square.

STAG

On my grind
image_zps11b57d1f.jpg

i kid.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I think you could make a sentence along the lines of "life's dangerous, lets carry on together"

Or

"It's a scary world, carry on with stealth gear"

pELYgroso

'Merica
Go here

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4004:1zjmz3.1.1

You can use Carry On, just make it yours by changing it to fit your company.
When you say "change it" do you mean add something to it, or change something else? I just did a search and Taurus filed the trademark in September of 2012. It is listed under "Goods and Serviced -Firearms." We may be a different category, but I don't know if I want to risk it.

We want to keep it short so that we can put it under our logo on a shirt, etc. I like part of one of Jeeper's suggestions: "Let's Carry On." We'd like to keep it to 3 words I think. "Carry On, USA." is also sticking with me. This sucks because we were so stoked When Paul thought of it....

pELYgroso

'Merica
Why not something edgy like "guess what's in my pants" or something?

ha, we've thought of those, too. "don't mind the bulge in my pants." "not a banana in my pants." "What's smooth, hard, potentially deadly, and in my pants?" "Warning: contents of my pants are dangerous." Stuff like that....

here is kind of what I'm thinking....Carry On USA w stealthgear.pngCarry On USA w logo.pngCarry On USA small.png and it would be frequently paired with the logos.

What do you guys think?

Caleb

I say get rid of the flag. Everything is B&W and then you have a colored flag. Kind of looks odd. Other than that, I like it.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Exercise your right, not your left
Swing with your rights, not your left
a strong right compensates for a weak left

In-visible and in reach

Because the second should be your first line of defense

second amendment right, first rate quality

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I talked with a trademark attorney and we basically came to the conclusion that we need to ditch "Carry On" completely. The rule of thumb is that if somebody may mistake us with Taurus because our slogan is close, they can claim infringement. So we're trying to think of something else. Better safe than sorry. We'd like to keep it down to 3 words or less and we like that "Carry On" implies concealed carry but isn't really obvious. Basically, "Carry on" was perfect, but now it's out the window. Sucky.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I kind of like "Confidence Concealed" or "Concealed Confidence" My wife likes "Carry with Confidence."

Maybe part of Frieed's: "Confidence, in reach."

mesha

By endurance we conquer
how about "carry on and we are not associated with taurus so please don't confuse us with them so we don't get sued."

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
I am just bored at work and spitting out random ideas but came up with some things you might be able to morph into something useful (or at least a laugh):

"Covert Confidence"
or
"Obscured Assurance"
or
"A.H.A (Assailant Hidden Insurance)"
or
"B.A.N.G (Badguy Anti-Nervousness Guild)"