Steel Horse Price,UT June 28 2007

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
Ok, well today a few of us (and there were only 3) went and run the Steel Horse trail. greatscott on his motorcycle, Allen in his buggy, and me in my toyota... I'm going to pause right here and say that I only went about 1/4 mile of this trail, (total lenght of about 2 miles), before I received my first dent, and called it quits on the fact it would have taken all day for me to get anywhere and I didn't want any more damage. So I rode with Allen. The trail has recently had a flash flood come through and made the trail a lot harder according to Scott and Al. The water cut out the loose dirt and exposed a lot of new rock... guess thats part of the game.

Well Here are a few videos of the day...

This is at the sharp left turn...
[YOUTUBE]yDY8xqz3td4[/YOUTUBE]

The first section of the Water Fall...
[YOUTUBE]AYELGGDq-uw[/YOUTUBE]

The second section of the Water Fall...
[YOUTUBE]bkqcOPP7Fa0[/YOUTUBE]

Going back down the water fall...
[YOUTUBE]4NxGoFPgw84[/YOUTUBE]

All in all was a fun day. We had a concern about having to cross private property, but we spent a little bit looking at new maps of private and public lands, and I spent some more time this evening, and have come to the conclusion that this trail IS indeed in public land. I'll post a Google Earth pic of it in a little bit.

I guess someone needs to explain the YouTube posting, so the video is on the page so you dont have to link to the address.... sorry

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Ok, well today a few of us (and there were only 3) went and run the Steel Horse trail. greatscott on his motorcycle, Allen in his buggy, and me in my toyota... I'm going to pause right here and say that I only went about 1/4 mile of this trail, (total lenght of about 2 miles), before I received my first dent, and called it quits on the fact it would have taken all day for me to get anywhere and I didn't want any more damage. So I rode with Allen. The trail has recently had a flash flood come through and made the trail a lot harder according to Scott and Al. The water cut out the loose dirt and exposed a lot of new rock... guess thats part of the game.

Well Here are a few videos of the day...

This is at the sharp left turn...

[YOUTUBE]yDY8xqz3td4[/YOUTUBE]

The first section of the Water Fall...
[YOUTUBE]AYELGGDq-uw[/YOUTUBE]

The second section of the Water Fall...
[YOUTUBE]bkqcOPP7Fa0[/YOUTUBE]

Going back down the water fall...
[YOUTUBE]4NxGoFPgw84[/YOUTUBE]

All in all was a fun day. We had a concern about having to cross private property, but we spent a little bit looking at new maps of private and public lands, and I spent some more time this evening, and have come to the conclusion that this trail IS indeed in public land. I'll post a Google Earth pic of it in a little bit.

Like that ;)

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
OH, ok. Now I know.

Here is a pic of the trail. It is just off the Consumers Road between Price and Helper. I tried to make it similar to what Herzog has done with the trails he has posted with the Google Earth... I really like the look and its easy to see:D

I'm still a little hesitant to post the GPS coords, but If you really want them PM me and I'll shoot em your way.

Attachments

• SteelHorse-PriceUT.jpg
    SteelHorse-PriceUT.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 39

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
I saw Allen heading out this morning and new I was going to miss something fun.

Sorry, I tried to call ya last night, I figured you would like to go, but it just rang and rang... I called the number in the phone book.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
btw, Herzog.... another vBulletin I'm on has a plugin that will take any of the video site urls and automatically set up a window for it.... little more user friendly.

Yeah, but that way opens up some major security holes. ;)

I wish I wouldn't have missed this trail, but we didn't get in until 1:30... just some unplanned things, you know.

Looks like a great trail. I'm going to finish up the rear bumper on a TJ here then go out driving a little later today.

berrett

looks like a cool trail. guess that buggy needs a more secure mount for his highlight (i think that was what slid into the water in that first vid).

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
looks like a cool trail. guess that buggy needs a more secure mount for his highlight (i think that was what slid into the water in that first vid).

Ya, you caught it. I thought he lost it coming back down, but he just flipped it up out of the water so we was able to recover it. It wasn't a loss, but almost became one.