Steel Horse

Dixon

As I watch all the rigs pass on the the freeway heading to Moab. I got the itch to go wheeling and not just feel bad because I wasn't heading to moab with everyone else. We tried a trail that is called SteelHorse. (some one going up this trail found a ripped of the step that was a Steel Horse brand thus steelhorse) so if you like going straight up or straight down fun trail. not good for carb rigs. The zuki died going down the last water fall when the gas ran away from the pick up in my gas tank. The strap on the back was for towing the jeep that went with me.

Attachments

• sh 1.jpg
    sh 1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 46
  • sh 3.jpg
    sh 3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 56
  • sh 2.jpg
    sh 2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 46
  • sh4.jpg
    sh4.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 34
  • sh 5.jpg
    sh 5.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 39
  • sh 6.jpg
    sh 6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That looks pretty cool!

I almost renamed Rattlesnake up here, Steel Horse. I found 3 seperate S.H. steps along the trail in February..... Fun!

NoRig

I ran into Cody, he said you all had a blast but he broke.

Broken u joint. Dixon happened to have some spares but unfortunately Cody's son lost the clips. So after putting it all back together it didn't matter much anyway since the clips disappeared. It lasted long enough for Dixon to pull Cody out of the wash and drive about 30 yards then it all fell apart again. Plus no four wheel drive meant we couldn't even drive home in front wheel drive.
Dixon was good enough to give Cody a lift back to Helper to get his truck and we towed the Jeep into town. Which was an adventure in itself!

It was a fun trip and a good wash with some great waterfalls and rocks. The last fall where we turned around was big and Dixon's sami went right up the first part no prob but didn't try the second part which is uglier with an off camber that throws you into a huge pointed rock. I think his sami could have easily done it though.

great scott

Broken u joint. Dixon happened to have some spares but unfortunately Cody's son lost the clips. So after putting it all back together it didn't matter much anyway since the clips disappeared. It lasted long enough for Dixon to pull Cody out of the wash and drive about 30 yards then it all fell apart again. Plus no four wheel drive meant we couldn't even drive home in front wheel drive.
Dixon was good enough to give Cody a lift back to Helper to get his truck and we towed the Jeep into town. Which was an adventure in itself!

It was a fun trip and a good wash with some great waterfalls and rocks. The last fall where we turned around was big and Dixon's sami went right up the first part no prob but didn't try the second part which is uglier with an off camber that throws you into a huge pointed rock. I think his sami could have easily done it though.

Yep sound like a good day to me! Now its my turn, if any one wants to join me see my post in the uppcoming trip section.

Dixon

Scott are you going to post pictures of your trip up Steel Horse. I want to see the Big Dog going up that last water fall.

03rubicon

I need to meet up and go wheelin with you price boys. I havent been wheelin there for awhile. I actually grew up in helper, so it would nice to go back and do some wheelin.