Steering link source..

kb7sei

I was wondering if anyone had done business with a local shop that makes steering links for highsteer. I'd like some nice beefy ones like Rockstomer or Shakerbuilt, but may be short on time to buy from one of them. I'll be using large Chevy tie rod ends (7/8" IIRC).

troutbum

cubi-kill
just got done with this.
Couple places you could try
Misconception motor sports
Factory tubular

I called rocklogic (first choice) but they did not have a 7/8-18 tap.

Factory is a little pricey, but they have always provided me with great customer service. If you provide the steel (I used 1.5"X .313 IIRC DOM) and measurements should not be too bad.

BTW if you need TRE part numbers

I used
TR
ES2010R
ES2010L
DL
ES2026R
ES2027L

All Moog parts #'s I got them from Hendersen's.

Last edited:

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Charles at RockyMountain axle inside DJ's has the taps and will be cheaper. He is the guy that made all the rods for/at Advanced for 20+ years. He will have what you need. 808-2525

troutbum

cubi-kill
the tre's are 35 ish for the 2026 and 2027 and 45 ish for the 2010's
Can't recall what I paid for DOM, I will have to look when I get home.

Factory charged 15 bucks a tap, I believe. I also bought jam nuts from them not sure on the cost of those either...

At the time I thought I was in a hurry, and factory turned it around for me in a day. End result I think I paid a lot but they were real cool about it

troutbum

cubi-kill
Originally posted by rckcrlr
Charles at RockyMountain axle inside DJ's has the taps and will be cheaper. He is the guy that made all the rods for/at Advanced for 20+ years. He will have what you need. 808-2525

I have talked with Charles, and he seems like a cool guy, prolly cheaper too...

kb7sei

Originally posted by troutbum
the tre's are 35 ish for the 2026 and 2027 and 45 ish for the 2010's
Can't recall what I paid for DOM, I will have to look when I get home.

Factory charged 15 bucks a tap, I believe. I also bought jam nuts from them not sure on the cost of those either...

At the time I thought I was in a hurry, and factory turned it around for me in a day. End result I think I paid a lot but they were real cool about it

It would be great to have that info, and where you got the DOM. The only places I've found won't sell small quantity. It sucks to have to buy 40 feet when I only need about 10. :rolleyes:

Did Factory do a left hand tap on one side?

troutbum

cubi-kill
yeah left hand on one side, if you do two rights you have to take one side off to adjust it...

I'll look through my reciepts when I get home....

you may want to call factory or Charles or others and ask them their price on DOM as well?