steering on my Xj

Snowman

Snowmen Do like the ROCKS
I have a problem with my steering box I ripped the bolts throw the sub fram and i don't know what to do for a e-z fix I'm thinking of steal plating the sub fram on both sides of the fram were the steering box mounts but I don't know if that's the best Idea if you or someone you know has a Idea please respond :confused:

XJEEPER

Snowman said:
I have a problem with my steering box I ripped the bolts throw the sub fram and i don't know what to do for a e-z fix I'm thinking of steal plating the sub fram on both sides of the fram were the steering box mounts but I don't know if that's the best Idea if you or someone you know has a Idea please respond :confused:

You're beyond the 'easy fix" stage Snowman.....but you are on the right track.
Check out the SRS from ORGS. I've seen these firsthand and it's a good fix for your problem.
http://www.orgsmfg.com/product/sbs2.htm

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
you could pay 90 bucks for that one or make a more simple one out of 1/4" angle like i did. it would be about 20 bucks probably. i could make it at my uncles shop for a little dough.

-nate

N-Smooth

Andy said:
Plate the frame on both sides about 3" forward and back of where the box mounts. I have yet to rip the box off the Hero, so far. :eek:
there you go. i plated mine with 5/16" thick angle iron that goes from the front back about 14-16". it is overkill... way overkill. i didn't plate the inside though, i was in a hurry. i wouldn't pay 90 bucks for that crap unless you want it to look nice and not do it yourself. imo it is better to save money, do it yourself and have it look pretty good.
another thing you might want to consider is getting hydro assist, that would help a lot. everyone seems to say that rocklogic has a pretty sweet deal on rams. i will probably go to hydro assist or full hydro one day.
bring your heep to my uncle's and we can build something if you like. won't cost much $. plus you can check out my xj, i finished up the front leafs with a shackle reversal and i am going to cut the whole thing in half soon hopefully.

-nate

Andy

aka. Hollywood
xj_punk said:
i am going to cut the whole thing in half soon hopefully.

-nate

Why???? If your going to go that far build a buggy, don't buggify the Chero-car. :D :rofl: Put a cage in it and pull all the doors and glass, and put lots of dents in it. :D

N-Smooth

Andy said:
Why???? If your going to go that far build a buggy, don't buggify the Chero-car. :D :rofl: Put a cage in it and pull all the doors and glass, and put lots of dents in it. :D

yeah yeah whatever.
doors and glass are gone. i am going to plate the uniframe and cut everything behind the driver seat and build a frame. i shall call it chero-buggy-car! hehe if it doesn't work out i will cut my losses and build a buggy with the motor, tranny, t-case and axles i want. i can make some money by selling the d44s and lift and stuff. i am being pretty realistic about it.

Snowman

Snowmen Do like the ROCKS
hey nate how much would it cast me and i don't know how I would get it there the steering box is just sitting there but i can't steer at all right and like the other guy said I don't have much to spend

N-Smooth

if you are serious i can ask my uncle cause it's his plasma cutter and welder. it shouldn't be very much, it is just a little bit of work measuring up, plotting it on the steel, cutting with the pcutter and drilling holes with my press. it depends on how you want to do it though, and how much damage is done to the uniframe in that are. how bad is the damage? did the bolts rip through the uniframe right there or what? i should just come look at it, maybe this weekend. email me your phone # at xj_punk@hotmail.com and i will call you when i am at my uncles later. we can work something out.

-nate