Steve's Narrowed '69 Bronco

Owners Name & City - Steve R., Grand Junction, CO

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle - Was originally a '69 Bronco. ;) Now only the frame (mostly) and some of the body is factory original.

Engine - Ford 302 from '70 Torino, built mostly stock but with Howell TBI, shorty headers, Mallory ignition.

Transmission - Built C4 from mid-70s Bronco

T-Case - Atlas 4.3 :bow:

Axles - Rear: Ford 9" with Detroit & Moser 31 spline shafts. Front: EB D44 with discs, Detroit Electrac & Warn alloy shafts/CTMs

Suspension - Rear leafs. Front coils w/wristed radius arm & long travel shocks. Lifted ~4.5 inches. High steer with DOM tie rod & drag link; rod ends. Hydro assist steering.

Wheels and Tires - Alloy wheels w/36x12.50-15 Swamper TSLs

Winch - Warn M8000 with rope.

Favorite Trails - Moab, 21 Rd., Billings Canyon, Montrose, Holy Cross - and Ouray scenic trails for the wife. ;)

Other - Front end narrowed 8 inches.

1082337851_done2.jpg

1107821619_poser_shot.jpg

Last edited:

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
How tough was the narrowing? Also, are both of your radius arms wristed? Very nice ride, I would like to have a nice EB like that one day! :D

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
yellowbronco said:
How tough was the narrowing? Also, are both of your radius arms wristed? Very nice ride, I would like to have a nice EB like that one day! :D

If both radius arms were wristed, the axle would flop around. Only one can be wristed and still work.

Steve

Who Cares?
yellowbronco said:
How tough was the narrowing? Also, are both of your radius arms wristed?
I used to do auto body/paint for a living, so narrowing was easy. :D As I Lean said, you can't wrist both arms. Since the front axle is a driver's side drop, the passenger side arm is wristed.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
Thats what I thought, I wristed my passenger side as well. It sure makes a difference! I was thinking about narrowing mine in the neighborhood of 13". I have seen one narrowed this much and clearance was no longer an issue :D

mswasey

Bronco Molester
I narrowed mine 8" in the tub and 13" at the grill, it makes a big difference. The stripping and narrowing is not that tough, but when it comes to putting everything back together the time adds up. Things like the dash, roll cage, seats, top, etc. You could narrow the whole tub 13" but it would make it tight for things like the steering wheel alignment with the drivers seat, unless you moved the column inboard or went full hydraulic and put the orbital valve on the dash side of the firewall like the buggies.