Still having brake problems

travK5

Alright!!! I am almost ready to give up. No for real it is pissing me off! ok if you didn't catch it before, i recently did an axle swap on my 72k5. 3/4 44 in front, dana 60 in the back. I upgraded to a 3/4 ton master cylinder, took out the proportioning valve, and still I can barely get the tires to start to skid!? I took my time bleeding the brakes and everything. I don't know what else to do.

Could it be bad brake lines?
Bad brake booster? (if so how can you check to see if it is working?)
Any ideas or suggestions would help. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
travK5 said:
Alright!!! I am almost ready to give up. No for real it is pissing me off! ok if you didn't catch it before, i recently did an axle swap on my 72k5. 3/4 44 in front, dana 60 in the back. I upgraded to a 3/4 ton master cylinder, took out the proportioning valve, and still I can barely get the tires to start to skid!? I took my time bleeding the brakes and everything. I don't know what else to do.

Could it be bad brake lines?
Bad brake booster? (if so how can you check to see if it is working?)
Any ideas or suggestions would help. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had this problem on my friends YJ when he swapped Chev axles under it....had to take the calipers off the rotors and just tap them and wiggle them around to get all the air out of them....try that....(that was originally a James K suggestion)