stock 99 taco questions

Silly Willy

Okay, it's been a while since I've been on. It have a 99 taco with a charger. Stock suspension that's fairly sagged from what I can tell. Rear springs are starting to go negative.

Other than buying new and replacing or lifting what are some low buck options?

I ask because in a little over a week I'm hitting up moab with some coworkers and am hoping to not ride the bump stops the whole time.

Also any recomendations on trails would be awesome.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
OME. Hit up Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters, he might even have your goodies on the shelf. Not exactly "low buck" and you'll end up with a mild lift, but I don't think there's a better option for a mild/stockish truck that's going to see dirt. If you're feeling super cheap and want to get creative, you could just stuff a coil spring between the frame and leaf spring like some early 4Runner/minitruck guys do. Google "zukmod".

Do you have a copy of Charles Wells "Guide to Moab"? Got sliders on? Your stock Tacoma is good to go on any of his blue trails, and even a couple of the easier reds. I know for a fact you can get a stock truck through Sevenmile Rim and Fins and Things with really no risk of body damage, and if the stock truck in question hadn't been my wife's I'd have tried it on Kane Creek too. Pretty sure I would have wished I'd had sliders on that last one, but I'd have made it :D.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
880s are for the 1st gen Taco/3rd gen 4Runner. I think that guy would have had trouble putting them on an '07, but they'll fit SillyWilly's '99. I don't know about the rears though, have to look those up. ARB has a web site with a fit guide.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I have some stock leaf springs that are seemingly still in good shape, cheap if you want them. Also, you could have yours re-arched by Best Deal spring but it doesn't last more than a few months