Stockish Rig?????

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Im running nearly stock 95 tracker, have 3 inch home made bodylift, 235/75/15 tires thats about it, and I also raised my Gas tank 4" in the rear

its been down Poison spider bone stock, and up metal masher with the body lift, havent ran it sice making the new bumper and raising gas tank

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
This is what the rear looks like now, Yellow being current location red being old location

Last edited:

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
The problem with taking a sami apart and making a rock buggy is that you usually swap out the small 1.3 for a 1.6 16v almost 90% of the time, and you end up moving the axles out and usually going with d44 axels anyways. If you start with a Tracker/Sidekick you do a SAS and also throw on a d44 front for sure, you already have the larger engine and almost a 90" wheelbase (can put out to near 100 with SAS) with a 107" total I think its around there.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by LiltraxUtah
The problem with taking a sami apart and making a rock buggy is that you usually swap out the small 1.3 for a 1.6 16v almost 90% of the time, and you end up moving the axles out and usually going with d44 axels anyways. If you start with a Tracker/Sidekick you do a SAS and also throw on a d44 front for sure, you already have the larger engine and almost a 90" wheelbase (can put out to near 100 with SAS) with a 107" total I think its around there.

enter the arguement on style between the samurai and tracker/kick. they both have their good points and bad points, here is my list

overall body lines: the suzuki samurai is square and to the point reminiscent of the old land rover and flatfender body styles. the track/kick has more of an updated "Cute" look but with a two piece top that comes in VERY handy at times. with some chopping and hacking the kick can look very trail ready.

The zuk is a little slimmer and square with a much shorter wheelbase. The wheelwells on both are sizeable but I believe the sidekick has the advantage of the larger stock wheelwellsize. The sidekick also lends itself to better fender trimming without intrusion into passenger/engine compartment space.

pretty much, the sidekick is more expensive to modify to an equal platform as a samurai. gears and transfer case equipment are more expensive and swapping in a solid axle can be a true pain but starting off with a nice platform is always a plus.

if you have no fab skillz and a slim and trim wallet with a slim and trim credit card, go for the samurai. If you have good intentions and a great starter platform such as the sidekick, pour some cash money into it and get it set up like BB88 with toy axles and dual cases :)