STOKED I GOT AN FJ60! not stoked how I got it

hedonist

Supporting Member
So...I finally got a 1987 fj60! I have been wanting one for some time. I own a couple 40's but have always wanted a 55 and a 60 ( I want one of EVERY cruiser
wink.gif
). Well....shitty part is I just had one given to me. Not looking for Sympathy, had plenty of that. My brother owned it before me but passed away back in August. I am just now able to deal with it enough to post about it
frown.gif

I got his 60.....
He always wanted to build it up. Lift, bumpers, meats etc..
I don't have much money right now working at a start-up company. But soon..... I think I will build the truck expedition style( mild lift, snorkel,rack,bumpers, ya know) and when my niece gets to be a RESPONSIBLE
wink.gif
adult, give it to her. All it needs right now is a new transmission. Everything else works and it is in pretty good shape
smile.gif

Anyway just wanted to brag a bit about a free 60.
I'll keep you posted on the build
cheers.gif

beer.gif

pics won't upload for some reason????? I'll try resizing

Last edited:

Thursty

Looking forward to seeing this build. Sorry to hear about your brother, but I think its awesome that you would give it to your niece when she is of age.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I love the 60, my dream setup would be on long arms and 33's with tons of travel. If you decide to stick with 31's, hit me up when you have the money, I still have a set of 5 BFG A/T's in the garage.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I love the 60, my dream setup would be on long arms and 33's with tons of travel. If you decide to stick with 31's, hit me up when you have the money, I still have a set of 5 BFG A/T's in the garage.

You want to link a 60?

Congrats Jason. Now you can stay warm on those cold winter drives ;)

Cherokeester

Just a thought, I think RME should do some fundraising. (My hand up to help), get some corporate help and build that thing and give it to your niece to remember your brother by. I assume it was her father? Anyway, we could open a paypal account or something, have Kurt help with getting the parts, have a big wrenching day and bbq and get er done.

rollover

Sorry to hear about your Brother.

What a great way to honor your brother by finishing it as well as share it with his daughter later on.

I'm looking forward to your build.

hedonist

Supporting Member
Just a thought, I think RME should do some fundraising. (My hand up to help), get some corporate help and build that thing and give it to your niece to remember your brother by. I assume it was her father? Anyway, we could open a paypal account or something, have Kurt help with getting the parts, have a big wrenching day and bbq and get er done.
Thank you very much. I think the build will have to be done over time and I will give her the rig in 1 yr or so. She does not have a license tight now. When I do get to wrenching I would love the help though;)
Still can't upload pics????any ideas. resizing didnt work
never mind finally got it:D
some pics!
And that is not my boat:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey Jason, congrats on the FJ60, it looks good! I'm really sorry to hear about your Brother, I'm sure that has been tough to deal with. I really like what you're thinking about fixing it up, then giving it to your Niece when she is ready, that's going to provide her with great memories of her past and plenty that she will be able to make on her own, in the future. Very cool of you to do that for her!

I was thinking about Cherokeester's idea, or at least a twist on his suggestion....

I see that you're a Premium Member... would you be interested in a upgrade to a General Store vendor, allowing you to promote your business and sell your Armed Work Wear pants here on RME? Hopefully you'd be able to make a little more money to help pay for that incredible FJ60 build!

Your call... it's not a handout, you support RME and have a great cause. If we can help you, we'd be more than happy to. :) Let me know what you think!