stolen drive shaft in moab

cameron tanner

a freind of mine had his sami parked in the parking lot at the super 8 in moab last saterday night. He got up sunday morning jumped in it to go get a bite to eat, put it in gear and it wouldn't move. He jumped and looked under it and his rear drive shaft was gone. To say the least he was pissed. If you hear anything about it let me know.
thanks
cam

JPNGRL44

Unhealthy Obsession
Man that is no fun :(

Two years ago I was up in Idaho staying in a hotel and we left our sandrail on the trailer in the parking lot. Well somebody thought it would be funny to disconnect the fuel line. Long story short, it ended up catching fire and we came home three days early with an empty trailer. :-\

O'neal

?????????
reddevil said:
:mad2: What is this world coming to?:(
No kidding....People just cant get or do thing's for themselve's,they just go for the easy route.You just dont know what to expect anymore.
Sorry to hear about the driveshaft,that suck's:mad2:

Caleb

I know this sucks, but if you think about it, it's actually kind of funny. I mean who would steal a driveshaft OFF a vehicle :confused: I could see someone being a jerk and grabbing your spare out of the back of your rig or soemthing but to crawl around ont he ground and unbolt it :rofl: (Sorry, I really don't mean to be rude :( )

Cherokeester

What happened to the unwritten rule, you steal and I catch you, you lose your friggin face. Write it on all your stuff. I do. Wait, wrong rule, good respecting fourwheelers don't steal each others hooch. Live by it!

Edit: Start looking under all the sami's around I guess...

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Cherokeester said:
What happened to the unwritten rule, you steal and I catch you, you lose your friggin face. Write it on all your stuff. I do. Wait, wrong rule, good respecting fourwheelers don't steal each others hooch. Live by it!

Edit: Start looking under all the sami's around I guess...

That sounds like the writen rule (if your writing it on all your stuff.)-_-

It sounds like I better go spray paint my driveshafts hot pink.

kobyhud

Lurker
Well there is acutally a driveshaft shop in moab now. Not a whole lot of need for this. Driveshafts are cheap and very custom anyway... silly to steal one.

Although talking with Shawn he says he is closing down soon. Apparently Moab wasn't the ticket for him.

I know he will be sorely missed.

I once toasted a driveshaft in moab and was screwed. Four weeks ago I toasted another one and inside of an hour at his shop I was fixed. I even had air outside of the shop to install it.

That driveshaft shop will be missed for certain!!

sbr

I catch someone stealing I can guarantee they will never do it again even after they get out of the hospital.

Cherokeester

reddevil said:
That sounds like the writen rule (if your writing it on all your stuff.)-_-

It sounds like I better go spray paint my driveshafts hot pink.

Ok so it actually is written, you're right. I think the verbage says something about vermin and scum or something:D

1993yj

My name is on both of my driveshafts. Seriously. Six States writes it on for when I come to pick it up and I just leave it. Never thought there would actually be a reason to leave it on until now (not that they would really work on any other vehicle).

Oh yeah, Bastards!