Stolen Land Rover

rrefx

My guess is Santa's sleigh broke down and he needed something he knew would get him back to the North Pole. All joking asside, I woke up this morning to find my '96 discovery gone. My guess is it was my druggie brother or one of his friends, who I know have broken into the garage before and stolen tools to pawn when they needed a fix. Also whoever it was came into the house and got the keys off the key rack in the kitchen.

I've been driving around all morning trying to locate my brother, and left him messagestelling him he had until 4pm to get ahold of me, or I was going to the police. For all of you Utah people out there, If you could keep an eye out for it, if you see it today give me a call, if you see it after today, and I haven't reported back to you all that it has been found, call the police, I would appreciate it.

I'ts a 1996 Land Rover Discovery, Willow Green, 2.5" lift, Rovertym front bumper with welded on stock brush guard, rovertym rock sliders, Roof Rack with 4 hella's on it, and a sticker in the back window that says, "ASEPO, The Alliance of Special Effect and Pyrotechnic Opperators" The License plate is 343 MFX. I'll post a picture as well.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• Forest Lake 14 b.jpg
    Forest Lake 14 b.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

V-DAWG

someday
CALL THE POLICE TO REPORT THIS. IT IS NOT JUST A STOLEN VEHICLE, IT IS ALSO A BURGLARY!

If it was your brother, he needs some time in the pokey to sober up!

rrefx

Thank You Everyone for support,
The land Rover was recovered last night. It was my brother and his friends, when I asked him why he stole my car, he said I'de have never let him take it otherwise. Pretty pissed, but don't know what I can do about it. He should be in jail now, the only reason they let him out is they are overbooked for the hollidays, his next court date is the 3rd, and he'll have plenty of time to sober up inside after that from the looks of it.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Last edited:
X

XT Utah

I doubt I will be the only one to say this...

I'm sure you're hearing a lot of advice like this but I only say this in your best interest... throw the book at him.

You'll do him no good by dropping charges and letting him get away with it. I know it's hard because he has a chemical dependency and because he's your brother but you will be doing him a favor. The next time he might break into a stranger's house and get shot. The sooner he learns that you pay to play, the better.

It reminds me of when I was single and living in NJ. I came home and found a woman sleeping on my couch. :eek: I figured my roommate must have had someone stay the night. Well, I finally recognized her as my habitually strung-out, piss drunk ex sister in law. She had called my roommate from the hospital where the cops had dumped her to detox earlier that night. I knew that if I didn't kick her out that she would stay for weeks and steal everything she could.

Needless to say, it wasn't easy to get her out of the apartment. The cops had to show up and drag her away. Later that day, someone found her sleeping in a gutter on Route 1 (a major highway in NJ). Sure, I felt sorry for her but she never tried to do it again. She did, however, proceed to steal from everyone else in the family -_-

wildkid

...Jeepless...
I have a younger brother who also has taken advantage of everyone in the family. Same story as rrefx's.
He lives with my parents still and has taken, stolen, pawned, sold...whatever....all but the family dog.
He is no longer allowed at my home. He no longer has keys to my things. He is no longer trusted with a buck-fifty.
He's been in and out of the pokey, rehab & the hospital... -_-