Stolen Truck

rrefx

We tried to get my brother to go into rehab, and he stole the truck and some credit cards and ran. We cancelled the cards, but know he's made purchases in Salt Lake, and in Lehi. The real bummer is I need the truck for work, and we don't want to bring the police in, he's in enough trouble with them as it is.
I was hoping if any of you have seen the truck you could let me know where, and maybe I can at least get that back. He's an adult, so if he doesn't want to deal with us, that's his choice, even though we wwould like to know he's safe, but I had to rent a truck, and don't want to keep paying rental on one when he's off being a dick in ours.

The truck stands out. It's old and ugly. It's an '86 F350 double cab duelly. It's tan with a brown two-tone stripe. It has a brown rack on it, which seperates after the cab so I can haull my gooseneck trailers. right now the back half of the rack isn't on. It had an old crome brushbar on it thats rusting away. It also has two faded and cracked stickers in the back window that say "Special Effects Unlimited, Hollywood."

I know it doesn't sound worth saving, but it has a new good strong deisel in it, It's my work truck, and this week without it has been imossible. If any of you have seen it, Please let me know. It would also be goood for my Mom to know Nathan is safe.

Last edited:

rrefx

We live in Pleasant Grove, His first purchases were in Salt Lake for about 200 between gas and graceries. Then next day he tried to buy food at McDonalds in Lehi, we had allready cancelled teh cards, but I did have a bunch of tools in the backseat he will probably pawn if he gets desperate. I think he's just crashing with friends around. I've driven around Lehi a few times, gone by his old friends houses and haven't found him, but I know he has alot of friends in Salt Lake, West jordan, and Sugarhouse area's as well. I just don't know where. After I'm done rigging today, I was going to go drive areound up there and have a look.

Thanks,
Ryan

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Wow, good luck. I'll keep my eyes open.

I can't believe I got mine back and really appreciated everybody looking.

{With the rehab comment, I think you should get the police involved just to help him realize he's at rock bottom and want to help himself. That's the only way up is to hit the bottom and decide to change.}

ace

Parts Collector
Sounds to me like you have a massive financial liability rolling around in your truck. If he's on drugs driving around in your vehicle and you know it, this could land you with a bill that you could never pay off. I hate to say it, but you need to call the police.

rrefx

Thanks for all the replies. We found the truck tonight. It looks like he abandoned it in a residential area in Lehi. The owner of the house he ditched it in front of got the our name off of the registration and looked us up before reporting the vehicle abandoned.

As for my brother, we are going to fill out a missing persons report first thing in the morning. We had decided if he hadn't gotten ahold of us by morning we were going to report it stolen, thank goodness the woman was thoughtful enough to look us up first instead of having it towed, and thanks goodness my tools were still in it, even though he hadn't locked it. The weird thing is, the groceries were alll still in the back seat, Chicken and milk included. I can't figure out why he would steal my Mom's credit card, spend that much money in groceries, and then just ditch them with the truck

With the missing persons report, we will tell the police everything, and hopefully they can help my brother more than we have been able to, if he's found.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ryan

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
rrefx said:
...........With the missing persons report, we will tell the police everything, and hopefully they can help my brother more than we have been able to, if he's found.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ryan

Glad you found it and all your stuff. Best of luck with your brother. That kinda stuff sucks......