Stolen XJ from Sandy, UT.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
A customer of ours had their 1995 Jeep Cherokee stolen on April 10th. The theif (or theives) were able to gain access and start the vehicle without the use of the keys.

Items of interest/parts to look out for:

Wyoming plates
4.0L motor w/ supercharger
NP 231 t-case w/ "2WD-low" mod
Teraflex long arm lift kit
ARB front winch bumper w/ warn winch
Bushwacker fender flares
Spare tire carrier w/ Hi-Lift jack mount
31" Pro-Comp X-Terrain tires on white steel wheels

If anyone sees this vehicle or has any information, please contact the Sandy City Police Department @ 801-568-7200 (Case #08E004034).

Last edited:

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Most XJ's can be stolen with another XJ key that has been well worn. They didn't use very many different key patterns. I locked my keys in my 98 XJ while it was running and a gal with a 95 XJ put her key in and unlocked it easily. Good for me, but bad for XJ owners everywhere. I will keep an eye out up here in Ogden.......

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Thanks guys... The owners are very emotionally attatched to this particular Jeep. Its like a "family member" to them. :(

They're down leading trails for an event in Moab right now using a rented Rubicon.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Most XJ's can be stolen with another XJ key that has been well worn. They didn't use very many different key patterns. I locked my keys in my 98 XJ while it was running and a gal with a 95 XJ put her key in and unlocked it easily. Good for me, but bad for XJ owners everywhere. I will keep an eye out up here in Ogden.......

It really doesn't matter which model Jeep you have, they're all pretty easy to steal unfortunately.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I'm right here in sandy, and i will look out for it and call if i see it. My neighbor actually just had his stolen out of his driveway about a month ago. And what really made him mad (which i would be too) was that it was the day he made his last payment.

X

XT Utah

This reminds me why I don't feel bad when theives are shot and killed.

Thanks Ben

Ben...I'm friends with the owners of this Cherokee and sent you some pics of it...thanks for posting them...Hoping they find the thieves...I personally would like to get my hands on them:mad:

Jeeping Colorado Lawman

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Long shot, but did the jeep happen to have a ski rack mounted on the roof now? Probably a yakima with the actual yakima ski mounts?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Long shot, but did the jeep happen to have a ski rack mounted on the roof now? Probably a yakima with the actual yakima ski mounts?

I asked around a bit, and I don't think so. Everyone I know indicated that it simply had the factory roof rack and thats all.

Why do you ask? See somethin'?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Saw a built white XJ, but I was not able to get a good look at it. Had a big black bumper, wide black flairs. Just enough to remind me of this one. Does the stolen one have a tire carrier on the back?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Saw a built white XJ, but I was not able to get a good look at it. Had a big black bumper, wide black flairs. Just enough to remind me of this one. Does the stolen one have a tire carrier on the back?

Yeah, it has a spare tire carrier.

I would like to remain as positive about finding it as possible, but I actually saw 2 Cherokees that match this description today alone. :(

Thanks again for keeping an eye out everyone!