straight pipe

hooptycj

has anyone done a straight pipe on a ps, I have a 96 & I'm getting ready to do the down pipe and was thinking about going to 4" pipe from the down pipe out, my concern is, will this be a lot of noise inside the cab? its a crewcab longbed, so the exit will be quit a ways away from the cab?

jcruiser70

poser
hooptycj said:
has anyone done a straight pipe on a ps, I have a 96 & I'm getting ready to do the down pipe and was thinking about going to 4" pipe from the down pipe out, my concern is, will this be a lot of noise inside the cab? its a crewcab longbed, so the exit will be quit a ways away from the cab?

When I had my 99 straight piped, I couldnt really tell much of a difference inside the cab, my wife said she could. I went from straight piped to a 4" magnaflow w/muffler and down pipe and I think that the downpipe did make it a bit louder in the cab.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a straight pipe '99 PSD. It's not bad at all in the cab, but it sounds FUNKY (not in a good way, IMHO) out side the truck and under power........

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
You'll here it a little more with the down pipe, but straight pipe won't change the cab noise much....

The down pipe is kinda a PITA in the obs trucks. I did mine last year.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
hooptycj said:
did you go the 1 0r 2 pc down pipe?

2, I would never want to try to get a one piece in there, with the motor in. It is TIGHT....Also think about gitting the ebpv while you're there.

Check the 94-97 forums on dieselstop.com lot of info on booth.