Straight razor shave

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Does anyone know of a place that still does a old school hot towel and straight razor shave? The closer to Clinton, UT the better, SLC would not be bad either.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
x2 on schools, I've had it done at the Jordan Tech Center (Jordan School District). As I recall it was still part of the curriculum for upcoming hair stylists. :D

scramble this

Umm.. Where am I?
As far as I know, my wife being a cosmotologist and knowing a few others, they teach and practice it at schools but for some reason is not allowed or practiced in Utah. Its been a few years since the last conversation about it so it may have changed since then. I have also been known to be wrong.....

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
There was a guy in Jackson named Wayne who did a straight razor haircut. He was like edward sizzor hands but that was the best haircut I had ever had.

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Thanks but I will pass on the butter knife and the Sweeny Todd. Well the Marinellos schoole of beauty in both Layton and Ogden no longer do it I guess I will now have to chaeck thoses SL area schools.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Ok, so I gotta ask...why? Whats the big deal? When business was awesome, I had an office in PHX as well as STG. I would always get my haircuts (and shave) there at V's barbershop The straight is cool (and scary) but I never really fell for the attraction.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I am fairly certain my barber shop does it. Foothill Barbers here in SLC. It's been years, but I remember seeing guys getting it done, but not as of late. Could be something about this whole "not being allowed" thing.