street driven on 40's.

choptopbII

Anyone around here do this? looking for some input. I'm currently building a low slung toyota on 40's trying to keep the belly height under or around 25''

ricsrx

I am getting ready to start my next project, a 2nd gen 4runner on 37's and looking to keep the belly height at 20''. I am going to link it front and rear to enable me to move the wheels out away from the main cab and then cut the body up to let the tires fit.

I haven't started so i dont any info for you.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I am getting ready to start my next project, a 2nd gen 4runner on 37's and looking to keep the belly height at 20''. I am going to link it front and rear to enable me to move the wheels out away from the main cab and then cut the body up to let the tires fit.

I haven't started so i dont any info for you.

Sick.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I refuse to drive my YJ on 37's because tires that size are expensive! I don't want to pay to replace them because they're worn out just from street use.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My old TJ on 40" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers, it was plated and saw street time. The biggest PITA was the AG ram full hydro on the road at speeds over 50. The TeraFlex Dual Rate sway bar really helped to tame the Jeeps road manners at speed.

GEDC0064+_Medium_.JPG

I refuse to drive my YJ on 37's because tires that size are expensive! I don't want to pay to replace them because they're worn out just from street use.

Seriously!

I decided this year that I would drive mine in spite of the cost of the tires because I really enjoy driving it with the top off in the summer.

That decision was based on $350ish per tire. I just had to replace one and it was $540!!! What the heck?!??

mombobuggy

Both of my f 250 s 1970 and 1978 were daily drivers on 44 s The 70 had no lift just extensive fender trimming the 78 had a four inch lift they both had home made cab mounts because they grabbed the tires hard enough to break the stub axles. when the tires were turned at full stuff. I have always believed my money was better spent on rubber. gears. and lockers. than on high dollar lifts. And it keeps the truck low enough to go unnoticed by the highway patrol as long as you have mud flaps of course.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Seriously!

I decided this year that I would drive mine in spite of the cost of the tires because I really enjoy driving it with the top off in the summer.

That decision was based on $350ish per tire. I just had to replace one and it was $540!!! What the heck?!??

Ouch! I got the deal of a lifetime on my set of tires, I'm not going to blow it on Slurpee runs.