street legal ohv (jeeps and bugys)

utah340six

on the slow moving vehicle sign this cuts us out.
3) A person may not operate a low-speed vehicle that has been structurally altered from the original manufacturer's design.

but how does a tractor get by.

4x4phil

A tractor isn't structurally altered. They're factory built. John Deere, Cat, International, ect. Funny thing though. I've seen some of them, but never personally driven a tractor with turn signals, or brake lights. For the most part, I don't think cops care about a tractor so long as you're not causing traffic jams. When I was 14 I drove a combine from bear lake to tremonton and the cops just waved when they passed. Guess times have changed though. Why has the state started being so hard on ohv's? Environmental Groups?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
So, I'm going to do it. I talked with local DMV and Grand County Sheriff Jim Nyland, both said as long as I pass the ATV safety inspection then I'm fine. Just can only drive on secondary roads.

Found a place in town who will inspect it, hope to be done by Mon or Tues (would do it today, but DMV is now closed Fridays.)

Hope it all works out!!

NED-64-CJ5

The Four Wheel Fanatic
who fought for the whole "steet legal ohv" thing? some one was behind it and has gotten pretty far with it, whoever it is, i would like to talk with them.

whoever it is i'm grateful to them. my rig isn't running yet, but i have a fourwheeler and can now ride it to the canyons around my home and don't have to waste extra gas to haul it two miles in my truck.