Stretching a cj5?

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
So i had some tippy experiences lately in the Cj5 and wondering if there is a decent way of stretching the wheelbase? Move the rear axle back a couple inches? Seems like the shackles are as far back as possible so how would you go about this? Is there companies who could potentially stretch my cj5 into a cj6? that would be cool. Just throwing ideas out there. Thanks for any input!:)

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
We have 2 CJ-5s that we have streched. One is at 96 the other 106. The 106 is 4 linked with a 1/4 elip. The 96 is just leaf springs. There is room to move back but requires a little body fender work. Here are a couple pics stock vs. the 96. We did move the front some but I couldn't find any good pics.

imgp2535b.jpg

imgp0753b.jpg

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Most shackle reversal kits move the front axel forward 1.5-2". As for moving the rear back, a link/ coilsetup is hard to beat! While a bit spendy, you can move the axel as far as you want without having the shackles to worry about:)..... Of course you might have clearance issues with the gas tank!:rolleyes:

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
If you really love your CJ5 then stretch it.

A CJ7 offers 10" of wheelbase & interior space. =94" A CJ6, if you can find one is 101" wheelbase
A CJ8/ Scrambler is 108 wheelbase

It's all about money! The more you have,the more you get!!!:greg: