stretching front axle on yj

4mill95

I am wanting to stretch and do 3 link on the front of my yj. I have been trying to research it but everywhere I find is using leaf springs. So is there kit or anything to do it?

Bart

Genright has a kit for it. It is tough to push it much farther forward unless you do some frame and/or steering box work, or go to full hydro steering.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I have a steering box that switches the steering arm to the front of the box (gears inside box are reversed than "normal") if you decide to stretch it that makes steering angles after a stretch easy. I would sell it for $50.

I hope you dont still have the D30.

Pile of parts

There is a thread by 1993YJ where he did a 3 link and 1 tons. Maybe it would help and I'm not smart enough to attach the link.

YJ 1 tons and links build

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Astro van steering box will give you a forward facing pitman arm. Worth looking into. Pirate 4x4 used to have some good tech on there for that. That's likely been replaced by people telling someone to "sirch newb" but worth looking for. I think the Astro box will bolt into place on the YJ frame and you've got to move the axle fwd 10-12" to accommodate that