stuck shut

billylight

I have a 91 land cruiser and the driver door is stuck locked and shut. Seems like a simple fix with the door open but closed I'm stuck

Dracsnar

Dracsnar the Necromancer
once you have the door open take off the door panle and lube the sh!t out of the lock and door latch mechs. work them while the door is open (lock with the key, latch with a philups screw driver) this should take care of your problems.

if that does not work you are lookin for a new lock/latch mech:(

lewis

Fight Till You Die
some vehicles you can remove the door panel while its closed to work on it. It sucks but I have had to do it to clean glass out of the mechanism so the door would open.

1993yj

I have issues with the pass door on my YJ not unlocking. When I finally got it open (just played with the lock for some time) and took the panel off, I noticed that the white lithium grease (at least thats what it looked like) seemed to bind up the moving parts rather than help them. I cleaned it off and used some garage door lubricant which seemed to work better. At least for the moment.

billylight

thanks guys i took the door panel off (not ment to happen with the door closed for sure) got the door open found a broken spring fixed it and it works great