Stuck truck in Butterfield Canyon needs removal before snowfall

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Just relaying info, and don't know many details.....

Dodge truck stuck up Butterfield canyon chained to a tree so it doesn't roll down the hill.

Needs help with the removal before the snow falls.

Depends on timing for willing/prepared rigs (ones with winches...) but I am ready to help however I can.

PM me if you are interested in helping, and I can get you the truck owner's info.

THANKS!!!!!

Last edited:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Depending on when you go up I should be able to come up from the other side of the mountain :) Have a winch on the XJ and about 100+ feet of strap and a ton of chain.

Floydargue

New guy
Can help

I can help out if needed. XJ, winch, straps, Warn kit with plenty of recovery goodies.

PM me or call if my extra wheels will be desired. It may snow Tuesday night! I would need specific directions for where to meet up with someone or where the truck is - I don't spend a lot of time out there :)

Please update the thread when he is taken care of.

Jason
560-2163

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Middle Canyon is closed already, for those in Tooele thinking they're going over that way. :D

Seems a bit premature, but I am not the government. :(

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
...Seems a bit premature...

Likely excuse coming from you...:p

Anyways, for those interested the guy that needs help is Tyson 696-8265. Not sure exactly where the truck is..... I should be available tomorrow evening, but if people want at it sooner, please post up here so everyone that wants to help has the info.

JoeT

I'll give him a call tuesday. I've got a 12,500lb winch on my JK. Bryson you coming along? Maybe tonight?

Last edited:

Caleb

I live about 5 mins from Butterfields and have a capable rig (no winch though). I'm sure I can get up there after work today if more hands are needed.

DOSS

if the Government wasn't a bunch of idiots I would be there but I can't if I have to drive all the way around (kinda broke HEHE)

driller

He's slid off side of road , on top. He says he is on a side road south of the lookout. Gate is supposedly locked on bottom but he can get a key for the gate. Also says there are concrete barricades in road on top where asphalt ends. He gets off work at 2:00.

Last edited:

JoeT

Sounds like he's stuck right at the top. There's a little road that goe's off into the trees (south). He's going to try to get some photos of his truck.

Meat_

Banned
We got enough people for this? I'm tempted to go but I played all my spare gas money away already this weekend.

tyson a

I got the key to the tooele gate i just need some numbers to call that wants to go up and do it so we can set up a time to go..:)

DOSS

well if it is from Tooele. let me know what time yawl are going up and I will try to ditch my kids with someone else they will have to come up with :) 8019189997

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
uh, there's no gate on the Tooele side. Just Jersey Barriers blocking the way. I believe they block the actual pass these days as well.

Access is going to have to be from the Salt Lake side of the mountains.