Stuck Vehicle!!

ttora4runner

Came across this Tacoma on my way home tonight from work along the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The vehicle is located properly 400-500ft north of Parrish Canyon Trail head sign. Didn't look leke there was any recent tire marks.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

No signs of foot traffic recently either.

Chevycrew

I would be up for helping too, have a winch on the wifes, or a good reason to take my toyota out...(no winch on it tho)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
1. The authorities need to be called, they will check the VIN, see if it is stolen, abandoned, stuck, etc. Let them make contact with the owner and figure out what they want to do with it.

2. You would need to check with the land owner or manager and make sure that is even an trail you can drive into if you do plan to recover it.

ttora4runner

1. The authorities need to be called, they will check the VIN, see if it is stolen, abandoned, stuck, etc. Let them make contact with the owner and figure out what they want to do with it. Good point but I didn't know if the owner had walked off to get help or not. Then again the lack of any sort of vehicle movement seems to be lacking.

2. You would need to check with the land owner or manager and make sure that is even an trail you can drive into if you do plan to recover it. It's a short little spur trail off the main road just north of said sign that dead ends probable 200 ft past the truck.

I might head back up there in a bit too see if it is still there.

Last edited:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i would think by the looks of it that it's not stolen, but you never know, police should be called give the license plate number and see if it is reported stolen, if not it's proably just some guy who got stuck and either gave up recovering it or needed to go get help

spanky

ttora4runner:
did YOU call the authorities? or perhaps someone else here did?

just wondering how it all got sorted out all of a sudden?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
ttora4runner:
did YOU call the authorities? or perhaps someone else here did?

just wondering how it all got sorted out all of a sudden?

Maybe because the location was given. Any toy guy needing parts knew where to go get them. Hope this is not the case, but I have seen it happen a few times before.

The location of a stuck rig should never be given out until the authorities turn it back over to us for a recovery job and we are on our way out to get it.

mikeytheboarder

Holy shit, that kid was trying to sell that thing he came down to Hybrid Racing on Monday. Asking 1,500 for it. Weirdddddddddd. My buddy has his number cause he was trying to sell it to him. I will try to get the story from the kid and update everyone.