Stupid Drivers

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I was going home for lunch today and a lady in a mini-van pulled a u-turn from the side of the road right in front of me. Thank god the road was dry because by the time I came to a stop I was close enough to her to see the frightened look in her eyes. What pisses me off even more is there was nobody coming in either direction for a while and had plenty of time to double check before she almost got T-Boned at 40mph. I really wish you could chase down stupid people and beat the crap out of them. Instead I just drove on yelling and cussing at her as she drove the other direction.

That's just my little rant, I'm sure I'll have more this winter as people can never seem to figure out how to drive in the snow. The world is full of stupid and there is nothing we can do about it.

MPM

I am almost as disgusted with people here in Southwest Colorado. It's like they have never seen snow or ice on the roads and therefore feel it is their responsibility to slow the world down to their own speed. Come on 20 mph on a nice straight flat road with 2 inches on it is nothin'!!!!!

Will3161

Better 20 mph than the idiots who think 4wd lets them drive 100 regardless of how much snow is on the ground. I personally heard of 10 accidents on saturday on I 80 between Salt Lake and Tooele.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I sure don't know what they are teaching them in drivers ed... yesterday I watched a young women racing between lanes only to find she was on a ice patch before she hit 3 cars and then hit the guard rail on I-15 in centerville yesterday morning... another car that was following tooo close tried to stop but couldn't so he (another young person) moved into the emergency lane to find that it was ice too but at least he was able to just keep the rear of his car against the guard rail as he slide down it to a stop....

So 5 cars damaged due to one young female driver...

MPM

True, better 20 miles an hour than in the ditch. But some people should just stay home. Those folks more than likely will spend more fixing their cars due to the damage they incurred than they made that day. So if you do the math....it just doesn't pay to drive when your that nervous or naive.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
At least there weren't too many stupid drivers on my way out this morning. Still took an hour and 20 minutes to get to work...

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Luckily I didn't have to work today so I got to spend the moring shoveling snow instead. I much better trade off than taking 30 minutes to do a 10 minute drive to work. The roads between my house and the base are all pretty straight but people still feel the need to drive 17mph in a 35 zone because a little snow is coming down.

Now I am a fan of driving according to conditions, but pick a happy medium. There is no need to drive 20 under when the speed limit is less than 50mph, but then of course there are the idiots that are invincible, that is until they run innocent people off the road because of their carelessness. I personally leave my four wheel drive off most of the time, there really isn't much need for it unless there is a foot of snow, I guess it just reminds me to lay off the gas little.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
about 12.00pm
just as i got on 215 i just passed a on ramp and saw a audi flying up the ramp and just as i thought to myself (i really hope that fag spins out) it dose! went across all 4 lanes and was doing donuts the hole time and came to rest in front of a dodge with a plow.

some how the dumb a$$ didn't hit anything or anyone.

put a smile on my face anyway. :)

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
What kills me more than people in SUV's thinking they can drive 100, is that these same idiots are driving on 22's with little to NO tread depth. I don't care if you have a full locker front and rear, no tread is still no tread = sliding and that locker not helping. :rofl:

Edit: The locker won't help in stopping. At least if you have a real tire (not low profile), you can gas it in 4wd a little to pull your front end out of a bad situation if needed. Disclaimer, go practice in a parking lot like I did; you will find out quickly just what you CANT do.

Attachments

• suv-tires.jpg
    suv-tires.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I was blown away at how well I-80 west was moving this morning.. I expected the worste, but got to work in 25-30mins over the normal 10mins. Instead of hitting I-15NB from I-80, I took the 13th S. exit.. I-15NB looked like a parking lot..

Lka1988

poor college student
Even with full-time 4wd, I try to take it easy on snowy roads. Not 20 under, but a bit slower than normal and really early braking. FT 4wd handles snow a lot better than conventional Rwd, but I have no ABS, and 6000 pounds of Toyota tank isn't what you'd call easy to stop in slippery conditions.

And to make matters worse, the splines on my front axles decided to let go on Tuesday, so now I have to drive around in 2wd WITH an automatic rear locker....

I'll keep my careless donuts confined to the deserted parking lots :greg:

Last edited:

Lka1988

poor college student
On a side note, in the spirit of the thread....

About a year ago, driving along at 35 MPH minding my own business, the chick in the 4Runner in front of me decided to pull a u-turn. She pulled off to the shoulder, and without missing a beat, continues to pull directly in front of me! Didn't even notice as I slammed the brakes to avoid seriously injuring her. WTF?!? Honestly, I'm not sure how someone can miss seeing my rig... I know a bunch of guys here have seen it, she sticks out like a sore thumb... :rolleyes:

Last edited: