Sturdy safes

jentzschman

In lieu of the discussion on steves page on adoption and firearm safety, I have been doing so research on safes. Now I am far from ready to get one, but it never hurts to do some research. In so doing, I came to hear about Sturdy Safes.

Has anyone owned, currently does own, or know somehow who does? If so, what information could you share on them?

From what I have come to learn so far, they seem like absolutely amazing safes.
I have originally focused on a Liberty Lincoln series safe as I have heard good things about them. However, in comparing the two so far, the Sturdy appears to blow the liberty away. Solid steel door of 5/16 and 7 gauge steel body on the Sturdy vs 11 gauge on the body and door of the liberty (I e-mailed them about the door steel and even though it says 1 inch composite, there is only 11 gauge sheet metal)

Plus the price seems to be about the same, if not a little less; about 350 less on the Sturdy based on similar sized internal dimensions. (and that is with the following specs on the sturdy: 1220 base price, 470 for fire lining, 250 for 4g body and 3/8 door upgrade)

Sturdy is 1940
Liberty base price is 2289 for the lincoln 25 series

So, what do you guys think?

Sources:

http://www.sturdysafe.com/model2419.htm
http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-safes-ps-5.html?tab=specs

mr_blove

ask me if I care
I bought my safe from the Liberty outlet in American Fork just off the freeway like 5 years ago around this same time of year. They had killer deals for end of year close outs, they gave us(me and a buddy) another discount because we were in military uniforms(returning from a funeral), and when I payed I used cash and they knocked off the surcharge amount that they are charged by th CC company like another 2.5% or something like that. All in all I got the 50 series for like sixteen hundie delivered and installed and that was with the extra I had to pay a because I was out of their delivery range. Go down there and see what kind of deal you can swing.