Subaru reliability?

^yup. id never buy a used WRX or STI cause it was most likely beat to hell by some kid, and then when stuff started going wrong, they put on band-aids and tried to sell it. ive got an 08 Legacy now and love it. cruises great, pretty good one gas (it is awd afterall), and has been reliable for the 16k ive put on it in the last 6 months

honestly its the 2002-2007 that are the most beat ones. the new ones are too expensive for punk kids to afford. (not saying it doesnt happen)
and from what ive seen the older non turbo subarus (90-04) are much more reliable than the newer ones. from what i see, the newer(06+) subarus seem a bit 'high strung' and cause failures on the bearings prematurely. if you care about reliability i would say the 1995-1999 legacy, 1996-2001 imprezas are the most reliable. they are just simple and basic and as reliable as the sun.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks for all the input guys, I think I've been spoiled by the mileage and reliability of the TDI Jetta. Sounds like a WRX with 100k+ miles may not be the best choice.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I must say that Subaru makes a great car, once you own one you will never want to give it up.
Ya right, you want mine?

Just saw this thread. We bought an 07 wrx in feb. Only car I have ever regretted buying. We have been getting 6 mph and it just isn't a smooth running car. Took it to the dealer they said everything is "normal" and typical with these cars. it was fun to drive for the first month, now I am ready for something that runs smooth and gets high mpg.

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya right, you want mine?

Just saw this thread. We bought an 07 wrx in feb. Only car I have ever regretted buying. We have been getting 6 mph and it just isn't a smooth running car. Took it to the dealer they said everything is "normal" and typical with these cars. it was fun to drive for the first month, now I am ready for something that runs smooth and gets high mpg.
6 mpg? Seriously? Kinda hard to believe. Maybe 16, that is more in line with subara mpg, although both my wrx and sti got 22 around town and 25 on the road.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
100 miles to a tank between fill ups. Around town. We have yet to take it on the road in fear of not being able to make it to the next gas station.

Cascadia

Undecided
WOW!! I wasn't calling you a liar, just hadn't heard of that before...in any car. No CEL or anything a mechanic could find? That sucks!! Was it that bad when you got it or has it got progressively worse?