Summit Machine AF run 2008

JoeT

Rest of pics here: http://good-times.webshots.com/album/565583134MAZLhK
Most of the pics were taken at top, with Jimmy "Turbo" in lead Mineral Basin was reached in record time. FYI when at the top, a employee of Snowbird on a quad informed us that a gate was going to be installed at the top. First pic is of the area where the gate will be.

Angie and I ditched the kids on this trip, made it for a nice relaxing run :D. We really enjoyed the trip and the beautiful trail. It's been several years since I've been up to Mineral Basin so it was nice to see again. Can't believe the amount of ATV/motorcycles on the trail.

Live Rust

Saw you guys up there today. I was in the white Lexus and my daughter was in the black 4 runner. She was getting some good practice on some rocks. It was a little hotter than I've seen up there, and lots of dust, but otherwise, great scenery! And yes there were lots of ATV's

Attachments

• mineral%20basin%202.jpg
    mineral%20basin%202.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • mineral%20basin.jpg
    mineral%20basin.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 18

Ford Prefect

They charge a fee for each vehicle up there, I wish they would also charge a fee for each ATV up there. They do so much of the damage to the roads, and speeding they do (I think) most of the dust as well...)

Nice photos. Might have to get up there myself soon. Thanks for sharing!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
They charge a fee for each vehicle up there, I wish they would also charge a fee for each ATV up there. They do so much of the damage to the roads, and speeding they do (I think) most of the dust as well...)

Nice photos. Might have to get up there myself soon. Thanks for sharing!

It goes both ways. I towed my cj up there and would have been mad to have to pay for it and my truck, seeing as how my truck would just sit in the parking lot.

However, I found the horse rider people (is that a technical term?) very funny. I had to park in their parking lot as there was no room anywhere else. There is a big sign in the parking lot asking them to pick up after their horses. Yet stepping in horse poo was almost unavoidable do to the amount left behind in the parking lot. Do you think they'll ever get in trouble for that? I think every horse should have to pay the fee.:D

Woobie

Joe, thanks for the great pics! Since I am VP for Summit, I should probably get it in gear and start getting regular pictures for our offroad "organized" trips.:busted:

We had a ton of fun, as always, and want to thank everyone that came. Also, it was a special treat for those that did show as the Summit Machine group was on time! :eek: Put that on your calendar because it may not ever happen again! :rofl:

As for the white Lexus and the black 4-runner - nice to see you out there. If you can join us for some of our other offroad events we would love to see you. I was riding in the "old-man-decked-out" 4-door Jeep with my kids. It is one of our employees Jeeps. Thumbs up to your daughter! She was doing awesome! We got behind her on a rock she hung up on towards the top, but she got through it!

Thanks to everyone who splashed our kids in the creek. We'll definitely have to return there, even if the "mall police" give us a little hassel.

Meat_

Banned
It goes both ways. I towed my cj up there and would have been mad to have to pay for it and my truck, seeing as how my truck would just sit in the parking lot.

However, I found the horse rider people (is that a technical term?) very funny. I had to park in their parking lot as there was no room anywhere else. There is a big sign in the parking lot asking them to pick up after their horses. Yet stepping in horse poo was almost unavoidable do to the amount left behind in the parking lot. Do you think they'll ever get in trouble for that? I think every horse should have to pay the fee.:D

I ride horses, ride atvs, drive ohvs and drive street legal vehicles up there.. Why not just say that people should be responsible for their actions.