Summit Trail Run 4/12/08

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
We had a blast, thanks to Summit for organizing the event and a big thanks to pELYgroso and PinkThrasher for lunch!

The new 33" BFG's made a huge difference compared to the 30" bald MTR's
Two1984minitrucks.jpg

This guy lost an axle right here:
JeepCClip.jpg

Our lunch providers, thanks guys!
pelygrosoandpinkthrasher.jpg

193kyle

yeah, thanks Summit for setting up the run, thanks pelygroso and pinkthrasher for lunch, and thanks to everyone that showed up. I know we all had a blast.
Here's a few pics we got.

CIMG0381.jpg

CIMG0392.jpg

CIMG0395.jpg

CIMG0404.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0405.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
did the second gen 4runner make it up WW?

also, kyle.. i think that if you'd have aired down some, you might've had a better run at WW.. Just a thought

193kyle

I am not sure if they went up it or not, I had to go back and move my truck out of the way for someone.
yeah i know i should have aired down more, I was at 12 but with my 10 inch wide wheels i get nervous, especially since my spare was at home.:D I wanted to try again later in the day when it warmed up but I was trying to take it easy, I realized the day before that sometime in Moab I dented and bent my front d-shaft, I didn't really want to turn it into a pretzel.:rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I am not sure if they went up it or not, I had to go back and move my truck out of the way for someone.
yeah i know i should have aired down more, I was at 12 but with my 10 inch wide wheels i get nervous, especially since my spare was at home.:D I wanted to try again later in the day when it warmed up but I was trying to take it easy, I realized the day before that sometime in Moab I dented and bent my front d-shaft, I didn't really want to turn it into a pretzel.:rofl:

I see. I bet your truck isn't putting a whole lot of weight down on the tires anyways. Great looking truck, very clean.

193kyle

Haha, yeah it was alot cleaner before I flopped it in Moab, but thanks. The rear end wasn't really hooking up well at all, I just finished the 3 link a couple days ago, so I still need to bend up a cage and get my toolbox and spare mounted back in there, then I should be in good shape. I guess if i could leave it alone long enough to learn how to drive it i'd be better off too.:rofl:
I saw you sold the runner, so what's next for you?? I loved that truck.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Yep, great run... a tiny bit chilly here and there, but beautiful blue skies. Thanks for the invite Summit!

Nice meeting you Dan, you must have been bored out there since there wasn't anything to challenge you and your rig. Your buggy rocks! EDIT: I didn't realize that you rolled up at Eagle Nest! :busted: I ended up heading out a little early. I guess you did find a little challenge... which is good, cuz otherwise you'd have no reason to go back! :D

SLC, you and the Pink Thrasher crew were styling. pELYgroso, I regretted not taking you up on lunch the whole drive home! :D

Kyle, good seeing you and your buddies again.

A lotta good people and BUILT rigs out there. Hope I run into you all again real soon.

Last edited: