Super 35 kit????

Jesser04

Hi everyone,
I have a TJ with a 4" and 33's I am looking at upgrading my rear axle and i would like your input. what is everyones opinon on the super 35 kit with the arb. Right now i have a limited slip in the rear and a arb in the front I have broke a shaft once already and that was with smaller tires. I know the best thing to do is put in a 44 or a 8.8 but I'm not the best with fab'n stuff so I think cost wise it would be cheaper to do a super 35 kit. If anyone has one or know someone with one please tell me how it has worked out. I plan on running 3-4 rated trails. thanks for the input.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Don't waste any money on a dana 35. Swap it out even if all it needs is a gear oil change;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The super 35 kit will cost you twice as much, because once you realize it's still a pile of steaming poo you still have to buy a 44.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Don't waste any money on the Turdy5. Like RockMonkey said it will cost twice as much because it will still break even with the Super 35 kit. Then you will be pissed when you are out that cash and buying a 44 anyway.
I think you could find a cheaper 44 than the one from Solidaxle. If you were going to spend that kind of money you might as well pay a shop from RME to build you a 9". But then again I am no expert I am just saying that because I am in the process of rounding up a new rearend as well.
Good Luck

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I spent a whole lot of money on 35's and 30's, then I spent a whole lot of money on dana 44's then a whole lot of money on ford nines, then a whole lot of money on dana 60's

Im drawing a line in the sand at the d60's(anyone got some 2.5 tons for sale)just kidding I should have started with 60's dont waste any money on 35's if anything gather up all the free 35's you can get and carry replacement shafts and have spare housings at home thats what I did for a while.

1993yj

Everyone already said it. Don't waste money on a 35. Lots of us here did and wished we would have listened to this wisdom back then. Do a D44 or Ford 8.8. They should be fine for what you are looking to do.