Super Swamper Trxus

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
I had them on a '99 GC, and they did really well . . . . .at first. They are the best tire I have ever had in the snow. They do awesome. They did very well in the mud and rocks too. After they wear half way though, they begin to feel really "squirrely", and even though I rotated every 3 to 5,000 mi, they never felt "round" after half tread.
Would I get the tire again? No. The price was great, and the looks are cool (imho) but after half tread, the jeep was just a beast to drive on the road.
..........oh, and I got about 30,000 mi. from the set.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Klif01 said:
It won't be on a heavy on, last I checked I was down around 3200 lbs....loaded..
you'll probably be fine then.
When I bought them (285/75/16), I did for the load rating they had. They were great at holding the weight. they just didn't last :-\

MRJ

Just a user
I liked them right up untill the point a 4" diameter (the tire was a 265/75-16) piece of the side wall blew out and caused my wife and 10 month old son to roll/total our Discovery II. They had about 15,000 miles on them. I will never put an Interco tire on a daily driver again (I will probably never buy another Interco tire actually).

Klif01

Do I bother you?
they didn't run somthing over, or have prior damage like from off road, or hitting a curb did they? Or di they hit somthing?

Or was it just blamed on a tire defect?

MRJ

Just a user
Klif01 said:
they didn't run somthing over, or have prior damage like from off road, or hitting a curb did they? Or di they hit somthing?

Or was it just blamed on a tire defect?

The insurance company sent it to a lab and couldn't find any problems like that. My wife said she didn't hit anything. It was just a right rear blow out at 75 MPH. Not the kind of phone call you want to get when you are 4-5 hours away. The highway patrolman said she should have sped up, not tryed to slow down once the blow out happend (not something I would have even thougt of at that time). It was pretty much 1-1/2 barrel rolls and one end over end roll through the median.

mowlasley

I have had 31 X 10.5 R 15s on my XJ for the last 35K miles. They are getting pretty worn, and I have not rotated them as I should, so they are getting pretty cupped, but they have lasted fairly well and performed well (though they have honestly been 95% on the road). Like others said they are fine in the snow (unlike every other MT with which I have had experience).

I also had a sidewall issue with one of mine. I ran over a curved piece of tailpipe that was in the road. It went right through the sidewall like a knife. I never had problems with them on the rocks, though, even down to about 10 psi.

I guess for the money, were I to do it over again, with the amount of time it spends on the road, I would just get BFG ATs.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
MRJ said:
The insurance company sent it to a lab and couldn't find any problems like that. My wife said she didn't hit anything. It was just a right rear blow out at 75 MPH. Not the kind of phone call you want to get when you are 4-5 hours away. The highway patrolman said she should have sped up, not tryed to slow down once the blow out happend (not something I would have even thougt of at that time). It was pretty much 1-1/2 barrel rolls and one end over end roll through the median.

No kidding, I have heard that before about trying to speed up, but I don't think that would be my reaction if that happened...Were they alright?

MRJ

Just a user
Klif01 said:
No kidding, I have heard that before about trying to speed up, but I don't think that would be my reaction if that happened...Were they alright?

Yes, amazingly enough my son had only a little mark from the harness in the can seat. My wife looked like she had been beat with a hose, the seat belt and steering wheel took its toll on her. The emotional side was different for her. Our Land Rover had a Safety Devices roof rack, and ARB side steps, both worked to lock the doors shut after the roll. The rack was pushed down over the top of the door frames, the steps folded up to lock the bottom of the door from moving. She had to climb over the front seat, unbuckle my son, climb over the rear seat and hand him out the shattered window to someone who stopped. She then climbed out that window. Both our dogs were ejected during the roll, one was caught by people who stopped after the crash. The other dog was lost for 42 days in the desert in April. My wife and I looked for her for 10 days straight with no luck. Six weeks later we get a message on our answering machine from a farmer that he found her and she was fine.

All in all the vehicle held up amazingly from the roll. The roof had just barely collapsed. Only the very back windows broke for the roll, neither sun roof, or passenger windows broke.

A few things I think helped are the windows were tinted so the ones that broke fell out in complete units due to the tint holding them together. the second was the ARB bullbar that I had put on the vehicle. It took a direct hit to the front and held up extremely well. As it was the bullbar was touching the engine block basically. I don't think the factory plastic bumper would have done as well.

Sorry for being so off topic. I just want to put my experience with the tires out there.

sbr

I have them on my jeep now and love them they are quiter than any mt or at tire I have ever had. They handle good and seem to be holding up very well. I know people who have been running them on 3/4 ton dodge diesels with lockers and they lasted very well. I would buy them again with out any regret.