SuperCrawl pics!!!!

JoeT

DSC00549uroc.jpg

DSC00537uroc.jpg

creighton

They want me to do what!?
We had a great time! But as I watched the video footage last night I just keep kicking my self. It is like we are almost there I just need to do more wheeling and less wrenching. I was really impressed with the HERO team. But a W is a W.

creighton

They want me to do what!?
Thank You Marc for being a killer spotter. This guy can yank and pull and stack. you should have seen the I-15 style road hebuilt on the top of #1 for me. We ended up with what was the lowest score for the class on that obstical. ( a couple other people had the same score)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
cool pics......

that blue YJ had a hard roll around 12 oclock on saturday......got it all on film only feet away...he came right and me and flopped backwards...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I came to some interesting conclusions just now when I watched my video too. Too bad I can't share these conclusions in a public forum... I'll just say that "something" on my rig wasn't working worth a damn...:(

Moon

Originally posted by RockMonkey
I came to some interesting conclusions just now when I watched my video too. Too bad I can't share these conclusions in a public forum... I'll just say that "something" on my rig wasn't working worth a damn...:(

But you looked good:cool: :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

????-----was it strapped into the seat, cuz that would be my problem....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The flop sounds like about the right time and description of mine. Was it on obstacle 1? Cool pics Joe.

fergusor

That was my whole rig from the time I rolled it off for tech to the last corse I ran. I have never had that many problems is such a short time. Here is a list of few things that made this comp so much fun for me.

alternator went bad in tech inspection had to change it in line
timing chain jumped a tooth when I went warming it up for day one
broke an axle which destroyed my detroit
had to make a new driveline
engine started knocking (it comes and goes)
fuel filter clogged on the last obsitcle and and could only get 1200rpms out of it before it would die. Same course snap a bolt on steering arm. Still made the course but the truck went for all the cones.
spotter problems

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wow, my only mechanical failure was when my spring bent, allowing my front axle to move forward, pulling the splines apart on my front drive shaft. Sucked cause that was on one of the easy obstacles that we would have gotten a good score on. All the other components worked, some just worked better than others...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by fergusor

That was my whole rig from the time I rolled it off for tech to the last corse I ran. I have never had that many problems is such a short time. Here is a list of few things that made this comp so much fun for me.

alternator went bad in tech inspection had to change it in line
timing chain jumped a tooth when I went warming it up for day one
broke an axle which destroyed my detroit
had to make a new driveline
engine started knocking (it comes and goes)
fuel filter clogged on the last obsitcle and and could only get 1200rpms out of it before it would die. Same course snap a bolt on steering arm. Still made the course but the truck went for all the cones.
spotter problems

Is yours the green 'yota pickup based rig? (clues were the alternator at tech and the detroit that lost to an axle breakage)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Hickey
Front spring? are you shackle reverse?
Yes and yes. Banged the spring clamps back down to reintroduce the main leaf to the rest of the pack. Shoulda done that long ago, I guess.

fergusor

Originally posted by mbryson

Is yours the green 'yota pickup based rig? (clues were the alternator at tech and the detroit that lost to an axle breakage)

ya that green piece is mine. I was about to leave it there and head home. When the axle broken I guess the shock load sheared the little teeth in the detroit. I tore the axle apart, put a new axle in and was heading to the next course and was playing with the rear dig and all I got was alot of grinding noise and no wheel spin. I got dqed for 3 courses for going over a couple minutes on my break down time thanks to my spotter wanting to watch someone.