Supra swap.. return of the 7M

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Eh... I was way closer than that. He has a long way to go still. :p

i do have a long way to go but it will happen, dont worry.

i pmed superrunner a while back and he said hed come help wire it when im ready but he hasnt replied yet to my recent pm. also spunky said he thinks he can figure it out, and if all else fails ive got diagrams and i think i could do it

ghetto

Wiring is pretty easy. I put a 7mgte in my 85 runner and then moved it to my tube chassis. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I will help out if I can. Where are you at?

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Wiring is pretty easy. I put a 7mgte in my 85 runner and then moved it to my tube chassis. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I will help out if I can. Where are you at?

the more help the better! it will hopefully be ready for wiring by mid next week(if all goes well) im in slc utah

SUPERFLY will now Fly down the road as well as Fly up the rocks and hills!
and the busted parts shall fly as well:ugh:
i might need to change my name to SUPRAFLY:D

Nice choice keeping it all YOTA.

thanks, most people tell me to put chevy parts in it it but i think thats what "the man" wants me to do:rofl::rofl::rofl:

camicaztoy

id be willing to help out as well if i have the time. let me know. after all i got it 3 steps closer than greg, which was still 20 steps from being done. good luck.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
id be willing to help out as well if i have the time. let me know. after all i got it 3 steps closer than greg, which was still 20 steps from being done. good luck.

sweet! i know i will need it

Rob- how can I help you when you never answer your phone?:confused:

i answered!:rofl:

i tinkered with it a bit today and i got the power steering good to go, and i figured out where all the vacum lines and other things go(i studied an 89 non turbo supra at pick and pull for a few hours) now i need to figure out how im going to mount the radiator/electric fan. and i need to weld my front clip back together:D(i sazalled my front clip off to give me more room to work with and so i wouldnt have to remove my tranny)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
In either the Truck Trader or KSL, I JUST saw a Toy project with a twin-turbo 7M in it. :eek:

Better finish up! LOL

PS you can unbolt most front clips, 'tard. :cody: :flipoff2:

ericson666

Fo***rly known as Spunky
I talked to some Supra junkies at a Supra meet in Salt Lake this summer and they said that you can slap a turbo on a stock non-Turbo motor..... I'd imagine you'd want to do the copper head gasket and intercooler along with the Turbo. $$$$$$!

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
In either the Truck Trader or KSL, I JUST saw a Toy project with a twin-turbo 7M in it. :eek:

Better finish up! LOL
:

I talked to some Supra junkies at a Supra meet in Salt Lake this summer and they said that you can slap a turbo on a stock non-Turbo motor..... I'd imagine you'd want to do the copper head gasket and intercooler along with the Turbo. $$$$$$!

i have a buddie who is way into supras, he has everything i would need to convert mine to turbo and he said he would give it to me(stock parts hes pulled off his) but i dont know if i need/want the power of it:-\

PS you can unbolt most front clips, 'tard. :cody: :flipoff2:

its i bit odd when you have exo cage welded all around your truck-_-

ive had to pull the damn motor in and out like 10 times due to fire wall clearance issues. everytime i drop it in and get it bolted up good i see sumthing else touching, i recomend to anyone who is thinking about doing the swap in the future that the first thing they do, after the 22re is pulled, is bash every part of the firewall that comes near the motor with the biggest blunt object you can find! but its in now, and its not comming out until i cut my tunnel out and raise my drivetrain.. but thats the next project.:D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Rob's not online much.. the update is that it's all bolted in, clearanced, and ready for wiring.. then turn the key... we'd found a number of simple wiring diagrams, and he's got like 3-4 wiring harneses, so it shouldn't entirely too difficult to complete.. knock on wood.

This'll be so badass to get running once and for all.. it's been lurking for years..

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Rob's not online much.. the update is that it's all bolted in, clearanced, and ready for wiring.. then turn the key... we'd found a number of simple wiring diagrams, and he's got like 3-4 wiring harneses, so it shouldn't entirely too difficult to complete.. knock on wood.

This'll be so badass to get running once and for all.. it's been lurking for years..

ya what he said..

what have people done about mounting the radiator? i tack welded it in for now but i d like a better way. ive been looking for some pics of what others have done but i cant find to many good pics.

ive got spunky helping out on the wiring, he seems to have a good feel for this type of thing. wont be long till its back on the street, and by that i mean back on the side of the street with flashing lights behind it... i miss my 4runner :D

:confused:
Maybe the curse caught up?
:p

i need a young priest and an old priest..