suspension link materials

spiderman

Amish dude
What are some guidelines that you would use on what type of materials to use for suspension links? I just want to get everyone's opinions out there. what size DOM, etc. There was nothing that I found on the search.

fergusor

spiderman said:
What are some guidelines that you would use on what type of materials to use for suspension links? I just want to get everyone's opinions out there. what size DOM, etc. There was nothing that I found on the search.

I used 1.75 DOM with .5 wall thickness on the lower links and 1.5 Dom .120 wall thinkness on the uppers.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have posted this pic many times here before. The wall is about 3/4" thick, I made bothe upper and lowers the same... Didn't need to, but I did. :)

fae467b1.jpg

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Shawn said:
I have posted this pic many times here before. The wall is about 3/4" thick, I made bothe upper and lowers the same... Didn't need to, but I did. :)

fae467b1.jpg

did you sleeve several different tubes or buy .75 wall tube?

hrew or dom?

Parker

:eek: :eek: Damn Shawn... those are some links. Probably fun to notch too. Any pics of it on your ride done?

I tried something new and went with some AL rod... took forever on the lathe and a little time on the mill. Hopefully they'll hold up.

DSC00476.JPG

Don't know why the image is not workin'. A little help here someone? Shawn?

hilltj

Here you go ;)

DSC00476.JPG

change the ftp to http and add "/forsale/parker/" inbetween the .org and your image name...

-Al

Last edited:

Parker

Thanks there Mr. Hill. Not sure what I was doing wrong...

How are those tonsils... or I guess the lack of them is what I should say. All better yet?

hilltj

Parker said:
Thanks there Mr. Hill. Not sure what I was doing wrong...

Anytime...

Parker said:
How are those tonsils... or I guess the lack of them is what I should say. All better yet?

Man, totally kicked my butt... I completely underestimated the recovery for getting tonsils out, just thought I'd have a sore throat and still be functional, I haven't gotten anything done but sit around and feel like s#!% for the last week and a half.

I'm on the up now and feeling pretty good, helped my friend rebuild a birfield today... kind of a pain holding all those seals together and trying to put it back together, I now know why they sell a stud kit for those things. Everything went smooth until we broke a caliper bolt in the knuckle :mad: luckily we were able to "easy-out" the bolt and get it put back together.

I'll be in to visit sometime early next week.
Later,
Al