SUWA Website

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Has anyone looked at SUWA's website recently?

Even though I disagree with everything they say, I've always admired the professional and classy way they put out their disinformation.

Looking at what they've put out since Saturday, it's absolutely pathetic. They are totally in a defensive mode and putting out a bunch of sleazy crap.

Guess we've been doing something right.

Take Back Utah!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Has anyone looked at SUWA's website recently?

Even though I disagree with everything they say, I've always admired the professional and classy way they put out their disinformation.

Looking at what they've put out since Saturday, it's absolutely pathetic. They are totally in a defensive mode and putting out a bunch of sleazy crap.

Guess we've been doing something right.

Take Back Utah!

Yet they have a website that is consistently updated. Unlike U4

ID Bronco

Being involved with a similar organization to U4 in the past I want to say that everytime someone posts a cheap shot like this even if it's a fact it wears on the volunteers who are probably doing their best with the lives they also have to lead. I used to see it wear people out and certainly didn 't make them want to do more to be more unappreciated and have more people criticize their actions.

Hijack off

TAKE BACK UTAH!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

You volunteering or just gonna sit back and ***** about it?
Also, unlike U4 - they also get WAY more donations and get this, from a smaller base of people... hence they have the time and money to do so. We are so apathetic to our own cause it's scary.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
SUWA has 5 million dollars in assets and spends about 2 million dollars a year with 7?? employees, 4 or 5 volunteers, and about 1800 members to keep roads closed. U4 has 11 part time volunteer board members that do all the work on a budget of less than $25k per year. Rather than squawk why don't you volunteer to help? But, at least you can keep squawking so we have someone to remind us of our other job.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If even half the people on this board would pony up the paltry U4 membership fee-- it's 15 freakin' dollars!!! pay it and forget about it, even if you hate everyone on the board-- we would probably be able to start making a dent in the things we need to make a dent in-----

which include:

legislative watchdogging and the corresponding proactive involvement with lawmakers/land managers etc

education!!! which usually takes some kind of media-- print, radio, tv

dissemination of information-- mail, travel, etc

Instead, everyone bitches about this or that, and I have yet to hear many solutions.

/rant

Brett

Meat-Hippy
You volunteering or just gonna sit back and ***** about it?
Also, unlike U4 - they also get WAY more donations and get this, from a smaller base of people... hence they have the time and money to do so. We are so apathetic to our own cause it's scary.

Mostly sit back ;) Who's even running the site now? I look at it and the recent news has one article from 8/12 and the next newest is 5/07. I'm not a website guy, so I'm just asking!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
If even half the people on this board would pony up the paltry U4 membership fee-- it's 15 freakin' dollars!!! pay it and forget about it, even if you hate everyone on the board-- we would probably be able to start making a dent in the things we need to make a dent in-----

which include:

legislative watchdogging and the corresponding proactive involvement with lawmakers/land managers etc

education!!! which usually takes some kind of media-- print, radio, tv

dissemination of information-- mail, travel, etc

Instead, everyone bitches about this or that, and I have yet to hear many solutions.

/rant

I stop tipping strippers when they stop dancing, and I don't tip them ever if they don't shake it.. why would I give money to a group that I can't see what they are doing ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Mostly sit back ;) Who's even running the site now? I look at it and the recent news has one article from 8/12 and the next newest is 5/07. I'm not a website guy, so I'm just asking!

I run it currently, probably why I had the short fuse. I already manage more sites than I have time for so it does get outdated. :( But like I've always said, I'll move aside if there's somebody else that can put more time into it. :)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
SUWA is a private interest group 1st, who's sole objective is to make money. They mask their primary business interest behind the "honorable crusade" of environmental "conservation", which they are able to use to milk free money from people uneducated about the issues, and direct some of that tax-free into litigation that prevents action from taking place.

Point being, they have millions of dollars to update their website, of course it looks good.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I stop tipping strippers when they stop dancing, and I don't tip them ever if they don't shake it.. why would I give money to a group that I can't see what they are doing ;)

Please, whatever info you want is available. I have a feeling that even if U4 sent you, personally, monthly reports you wouldn't join. ;)

I vote that shane should get double what he gets now for the website!

I agree! A raise!