Suzuki Sidekick 4x4 with links, toy axles SAS lockers

meach4x4

The first phase of this build was very well documented on this forum here:

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...uild-thread)/page27&highlight=sidekick+4+door

This Sidekick started out as a 1997 Sidekick 4 door with the 1.6 16 valve motor and 4 speed auto. It was virtually rust free, decent paint and interior.

In his build, Steve added a lot:
Trail Tough hi clearance front and rear bumpers
Trail Tough rock sliders
Trail Tough Trail Slayer SAS and rear links and supension with incredible articulation
Toyota front and rear axles
33x12/50x15 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s (all 5 brand new)
JVC car stereo

I was in the process of doing a buildup on my '96 Tracker and following Steve's build closely when he decided to sell his, so I bought this cool little rock crawler from Steve, and have added quite a few goodies:

5.71 Yukon Gears
ARB lockers front and rear
New driveshafts (CV in the rear)
4.24:1 Rockmonster Transfer case
Twin sticks for the tcase
Custom rear tire carrier built to match the Trail Tough tube bumpers and sliders. Linked to the rear door for latching.
Fresh Japanese exchange motor with under 60k miles, high compression, and verified bearing clearances.
New timing belt and water pump installed with engine to ensure longevity of engine
Plugs, wires, cap, and rotor
Ultra classic alloy wheels painted flat black
Uniden Pro XL520 CB with superflex antenna

Since completing my phase of the build, I have used it for my daily driver, driven it to Moab, wheeled it there and here in the St. George area, and explored quite a bit of country in the Arizona strip and nevada. I've added about 3k miles, half of it after the fresh engine was installed. I replaced the original engine because it had a slight noise in it that sounded like it could be wrist pins.

This is a great little daily driver and rock crawler. The combination of huge articulation, light weight, low gearing, and balance makes this an incredibly good crawler that still gets decent mileage and has very good street manners. It isn't a dragster, by any means, but it scoots around town nicely, drives down the highway straight and true, and is extremely reliable. I've decided to sell it to put money into my LJ that I am using for trails and pulling my back country trailer. I'm selling it for $9,500 firm. (with over $15,000 invested in just the parts, that's a good price!)

You can see pics and a short video of it crawling here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/meach4x4/SidekickPicsAndVideo?authuser=0&feat=directlink

meach4x4

Would you like to go to Winter On The Rocks and have a rig that is ready to ROCK? Here's your chance, delivered to the trailhead for WAY LESS than you could build it for!

Call at 509-290-2111 to get more details!

Gil

meach4x4

SOLD!!! Chad bought it just in time to run the trails at Winter On The Rocks. He's happy... And, I'll get over losing this neat little crawler after a few months of enjoying the LJ. :)