Swamper Warranty?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
My buddy bought some used 37" SSRs. I estimate they have 70%+ tread. 2 of them have developed bubbles on the side. One is the size of a golfball, the other is the size of a quarter. He doesn't have a reciept since he bought them second hand.

Do you he has any chance of getting warranty help on these? If yes who should he work through? 4WP?

Does anyone know what intercos warranty policy is? SukaD....I mean SuckaB? :suka: ;)

S

sukaB

I would probably have to say no off my head cause these tires ahve been bought from someone else. I will check!
How did the bubbles develop? The only time I've seen bubbled sidewalls is from running a tire hard into a curb or running over something on the freeway that is big.
Bubble means good for wheelin but i would reccomendhim to take the tires of for highway use. Safety is not worth runnin them due to two new tire prices.

Mike_Lib said:
My buddy bought some used 37" SSRs. I estimate they have 70%+ tread. 2 of them have developed bubbles on the side. One is the size of a golfball, the other is the size of a quarter. He doesn't have a reciept since he bought them second hand.

Do you he has any chance of getting warranty help on these? If yes who should he work through? 4WP?

Does anyone know what intercos warranty policy is? SukaD....I mean SuckaB? :suka: ;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Don't get me wrong on this one I love swampers and will more than likely always run them, but.... I hate SSR's I had the same problem on two of mine. Their lack of strenth on this tire is not like your typical swamper.
I feel, this tire is Intercos weakest product.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
ps,

I did call Interco when I sliced a sidewall and they did replace it for free. I had to pay the shipping. Harkinoff did the same thing.

BUT, these tires were almost bran new.

Interco Rocks.

spiderman

Amish dude
I had some thornbirds bubble like that, about the same amount of tread, somewhere around 70%. I also bought them used. If you call interco direct, they might take care of you, they may run you in circles. That's what they did to me. They sent me to a shop that carries them (Burt Bros.) But they(Burt Bros.) tried to screw me. They claimed that they were at 35% tread, and would only prorate the tires. Not worth the effort, IMO. You will probably just get dicked with. I like interco tires, but they just gave me the runaround. But I shouldn't complain too much, because they were willing to work with me, even though I didn't buy the tires new.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Cool, thanks for the help guys.

I'm not sure how the bubbles developed. One day he just noticed the huge bubble and another day he noticed a smaller one on another tire. He took off the tire with the large bubble. I'll snap some pics next week....the big bubble is HUGE. I'll have him contact Interco directly. My advice to him was to contact the original buyer and see if he still has a receipt lying around....I thought that may help.

Oh yeah...I had a brand new spare 35" MTR that had never been used and developed a bubble that was HUGE....it was right in the middle of the sidewall. Fortunately I have a good relationship with an MTR dealer and he swapped me out on the spot for a new one no questions asked (even paid for mount + balance).

Mike